The Toyota Yaris is a subcompact car produced by Toyota since 1999. Between 1999 and 2005, some markets received the same vehicles under the Toyota Echo name. Toyota has used the "Yaris" and "Echo" names on the export version of several different Japanese-market models.

Cannot connect radio adaptor

Hello everyone

I have a Toyota Yaris 2002 with a factory radio model 86110-52021-BO (Manufactured by Matszushita) and I am trying to connect an adaptor to be able to connect my smartphone via AUX. The problem that the adaptor I bought does not fit the plug in my radio, and I am unable to discover what is the official technical name of this plug, since I cannot even find the manual of this radio inline..

I know it is a difficult question, but maybe some of the experts here have experience with these kind of old systems..

Here are some pics of the system:

Thanks for the help :)

Hi @lior_k1 ,

Have you got access to the radio?

Can you take pictures of the connector in the radio (both inside the radio case and outside if possible) and post back here

Here's how to do it Adding images to an existing question

Perhaps someone can identify the connector for you.

Hey Jeff, thanks for your help. I have updated the post with the pics of my system.

HI @lior_k1

Does the radio have the option to select an aux input at all?

If not how are you going to make the radio switch away from the AM/FM radio to the aux input?

Found this link for a 2008 Yaris which shows the wiring connections and there are no terminals designated "aux input".

It may be easier to invest in a car FM transmitter

Hi @lior_k1 ,

There is also this option then

Hi Jay,

In fact there is no option of aux in the system, only a tape and radio options. I saw that they sell online a convertor to connect directly to the radio to make an aux and USB plugs, but it does not fit the plug I have (see the pics).

FM radio transmitter has too much interference for my opinion, at this point I think I will just get a new radio.. thought I could solve it with an adapter but looks like it's not going to work..

Thanks anyway for the help

Lior will be eternally grateful.