Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Replace iPhone 8 Camera Lens

I have a iPhone 8 coming in to replace the camera lens. Is the back camera lens compatiable with the iPhone 7 one and is it the same process for replacing it? Any help would be appricated.

If it is not compatable any idea where I could get one (somewhere that ships internationally).

Wow, that didn't take long ;>).

I haven't run into this myself but I was curious so I checked several (~6) typical suppliers to see if this part was available and I didn't see anything. You probably did that too! Hopefully someone else will have a better answer.

Thank you. .

Mine cracked 3 days after I got the phone. I had my Iphone 6 for 3 years and never had any issues either.

I just ordered the iphone 7 glass replacement piece off amazon yesterday and will see if it's the same size when I get home today.

I received the replacement part but I'm 90% sure it's a tiny bit too small. Can anyone confirm this? Any ideas on when the replacement glass will become available for the 8?

matt, did you check it to be sure if it fits or not? I have the same problem and I would like to know if to order a iphone7 glass or if it doesn't fit. I also didn't find any stating it fits iphone 8, but this doesn't mean directly that it has another dimension.

Yea I placed it over the old lens and it is just slightly smaller. I also measured it to confirm. I didn't remove my 8's cracked lens and physically place it in the phone, but I'm 99% sure it's not the same size.

Looking on eBay, there are suppliers that are selling the glass lens replacement for the iPhone 8. The whole bracket looks like it's soldered into the frame, but the lens appears to be replaceable.

Internal Bracket View

Micah Morgan will be eternally grateful.