Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Screen or IC Chip problem?

One day, my screen went black suddenly. I could see the backlight was on.

I took off the screen and put it in another phone and was still black.

I ordered another screen and the screen came on but without touchscreen capabilities.

I put the old screen back on and it was still black.

While doing a hard reset, a slapped it against my palm and the screen flickered and came back on.

Since then, It's blacked out a couple times, but flickers back on when I bang it like a TV set from 1960.

Any ideas as to the cause?

Thanks for the help!

Well, you have two different screens that have two different symptoms. It's entirely possible that both screens are defective...but it is also entirely possible that the Chestnut IC (1501), which drives both the LCD and Touch primary voltage rails.

The problem is that you have three variables and no known-good parts. You either have to try those screens on a working phone or use a known-good screen on your device. Then you will know for certain.

Rick will be eternally grateful.