Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

iPhone 7 screen on iPhone 8?

So, I own a repair shop. a customer came in with a broken iphone 8.

I have looked at the iphone 7 screen and the pictures of an iphone 8 screen + the teardown of the iPhone 8.

From my understanding the screens are exactly the same.

Thoughts?

When you install the iPhone 7 LCD screen on the iPhone 8, the phone will stick on the Apple LOGO with a white screen. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/KxFovnbcY3E?t=311

Exactly,they just looks similar but still difference in some inner small parts that you cant see

The size of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 LCD screen connectors are not the same. Install the screen wrong may cause some issue, here is my article about the issue and how to fix it:https://www.etradesupply.com/blog/how-to...

well i can confirm that the iphone 8 screen connectors work on an iphone 7 . if you think it hangs at Apple logo, just wait 4 mins 10 seconds to get to home screen

This is actually not quite accurate. What most people do is test screens before adding back the home button. On an iPhone 8/8 plus, you MUST attach the home button or it will not boot. It will display the Apple logo only. Regardless of which screen you use. Bottom line: a 7/7 plus screen WILL work on an 8/8 plus phone, but it will not FIT. move the home button before testing.

Iphone 7 and iphone 8 have differ screen beacause the home button and the screen on iphone 8 is attach to the phone and if iphone 8 home buttom broken than the whole phone is broken

Unfortunately they are not the same, while the connector will most likely fit it won't work.

The iPhone 7 Plus has plastic hinges on top that hold it down to the housing. The iP8 has metal connection “squares” like on the sides, where it slides into housing holding brackets. Just look at the top, it’s hard to explain but if you see the difference you’ll know immediately. I don’t know how you would be able to put a seven screen on an eight phone, And vice versa, you can’t.

I have put a 7 screen on an 8, i snipped the plastic hinges off and stuck it down with adhesive. seamed to work fine.

Thank's bro, this helped me!

I was actually just testing this last night as i own a repair business.

iphone 7 and iphone 8 both original screens .

my way of testing iphone 7 screens (mine all use the original apple lcd and touchscreen) is to attach the screen only , no front camera or home button. It will appear to boot loop but it takes 4 mins 10 seconds to get eventually to home screen . During some of this time i use it to check for any visual defects on LCD.

now my findings were the iphone 8 screen booted up in the same time 4 mins 10 seconds on the iphone 7. LCD fine but touchscreen not working at all.

HOWEVER........ it has only came to light that ios 11.3 is preventing iphone 8 users that have had a COPY screen on their iphone 8 now have no touch. Copy screens worked fine on previous ios.

i am wondering if the iphone 8 touchscreen would work on my iphone 7 if the 7 did not currently have ios 11.3 installed . I would bet my bottom dollar the touchscreen would operate as normal.

Well I need help my iPhone 8 Plus was repaired by a man who says he put an 8 plus screen but the hinges are bent inside of my iPhone and it was stuck on the boot loop for 45 minutes then when it turned on the home button no longer worked then hours after it has been on a boot loop for 2 weeks what do I do

BEWARE IPHONE 8 SCREENS ON EBAY!

I bought from two different sellers. One from China and on in the US. (Of course, I sorted by lowest price). When i installed the screens, the phone was boot looping over and over. Couldn't figure out why, until it occurred to me that the screens looked exactly like iPhone 7 screens. So I put the old cracked screen back on the iPhone 8 and it worked fine. Then, I tested the screens with an iPhone 7 and... ALL OF THEM WORKED.

The US seller gave me a shipping label and apologized, but the Chinese seller argued with me and insisted that I broke the screens or was doing it wrong. I have a pending eBay case... He did not get good feedback.

Chinese sellers arguing with the customer despite their clear error is a pretty common occurence in my experience. I've learned to avoid ordering expensive items unless the seller has a proven track record (with me) of customer support.

Original iPhone 7 lcd work on iphone 8 for my.... iOS 11.4 but the plastic frame is different (housing) and flex cable not pass 100%, must press heavy on the flex conn...

I also own a mobile phone accessory company, The Fone Stuff. I have faced similar enquiries from some customers. I have to say it almost never works. The internal connectors are slightly different in the two phone models and even if you can somehow make the screen operational, it is going to face major lags.

Hope this helps!

nicolay.94 will be eternally grateful.