Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

iPhone 7 screen on iPhone 8?

So, I own a repair shop. a customer came in with a broken iphone 8.

I have looked at the iphone 7 screen and the pictures of an iphone 8 screen + the teardown of the iPhone 8.

From my understanding the screens are exactly the same.

Thoughts?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

When you install the iPhone 7 LCD screen on the iPhone 8, the phone will stick on the Apple LOGO with a white screen. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/KxFovnbcY3E?t=311

Unfortunately they are not the same, while the connector will most likely fit it won't work.

BEWARE IPHONE 8 SCREENS ON EBAY!

I bought from two different sellers. One from China and on in the US. (Of course, I sorted by lowest price). When i installed the screens, the phone was boot looping over and over. Couldn't figure out why, until it occurred to me that the screens looked exactly like iPhone 7 screens. So I put the old cracked screen back on the iPhone 8 and it worked fine. Then, I tested the screens with an iPhone 7 and... ALL OF THEM WORKED.

The US seller gave me a shipping label and apologized, but the Chinese seller argued with me and insisted that I broke the screens or was doing it wrong. I have a pending eBay case... He did not get good feedback.

The iPhone 7 Plus has plastic hinges on top that hold it down to the housing. The iP8 has metal connection “squares” like on the sides, where it slides into housing holding brackets. Just look at the top, it’s hard to explain but if you see the difference you’ll know immediately. I don’t know how you would be able to put a seven screen on an eight phone, And vice versa, you can’t.

nicolay.94 will be eternally grateful.