The 2009-2014 Ford F-150 was introduced for the 2009 model year as an update of the Ford full-size truck platform.

2010 ford f150 radiator fan stays on

2010 Ford F150, Radiator fan seems to be running on high more than it should. Fan kicks on about 30 seconds after vehicle is started and is extremely loud. Even kicks on when its a cooler day. Also stays on when driving down the highway. Thought the fan was supposed to kick on when it reached a certain temperature then goes off once the temp drops. Switched out the high and low speed relays and did no good. I also noticed on the highway about a 30-40 minute drive the A/C was not blowing as cold as it should that I started sweating. Does blow cold when driving around town at low speeds or even just sitting there. Not sure if the continuously running fan and A/C not blowing as cold as it should are tied together.

2014 f-150 Sox 4x4 5.4 liter My fan seems to be running more frequently than normal and it is loud almost like truck is idling high but why now never have heard it since the truck was knew now at 72,000 miles it has started what is the diagnosis?

There is no resolution to this problem that i have seen here. I have a 2013 f-150 v-6 turbo charged. Temp can be not even to the normal or even just on start up and both fans running so loud and annoying. Seems to come and go. I did a water pump change and seems to have started after that work(not right away). Kept adding coolant to level as the air worked out of the system( MONTH or more!!) I had read in a blog that can be the problem. Still did it. Then it just stopped doing it. Now starting again. Seems to be associated with A/C system but do not know how. Anyone have any ideas??

My fan just came on when I got it worked on it stays on and it’s loud it’s never done it before what’s wrong

For James above, we are having a very similar problem. 2013 5.0 v8, car went for last warranty service, they hooked it up to the computer and Ford’s latest update alters the temp the high speed fan cuts in to improve low speed AC performance. We live in Dubai so the thing runs constantly!!! Ford say they can’t change it back either.....We are stuck. It’s the wife’s car and she now wants to sell it!!

DeeAnn above same goes for your problem, it’s the Ford software that has screwed your car.....

@bhurry turn your AC off and see if the fan still stays on. The loud sound could come from your Fan Clutch for the same reason your fan stays on. Let us know what engine size your F-150 has so that we can possibly get more information for you.

It's the 5.4 and the fan does quit running when the A/C is turned off. I have to turn A/C off when i go to the drive through at the bank. I heard that the fans in the 2010 are just an extremely loud fan? Would the blower motor resistor have anything to do with the fan not working properly?

@bhurry yes they are loud but for as long as your temp is good the fan is working properly. No, that is not related to the resistor. The fan does turn on with the AC it is designed like that. Just a heavy duty fan....

I have the same problem and I have never in my 29 years ever heard any truck fan as loud as mine and ac sucks

I have a 2012 F150 5.0L was doing the same thing. Have all fluids supposedly topped off on last 2 oil changes. Changed relays and Hi-pressure sensor on AC.

Turned out the Coolant was low, but not low enough to register a real hi temp. The Coolant reservoir is stained at the max fill mark, so the oil jockeys thought it was full, and never opened it. Ended up putting 2.5 gallons of 50/50 antifreeze/coolant and the problem went away. Drove from FL to ME with this condition, hope no long term damage done, so far so good, 2 months later.

Bryan Hurry will be eternally grateful.