The 2009-2014 Ford F-150 was introduced for the 2009 model year as an update of the Ford full-size truck platform.

2010 ford f150 radiator fan stays on

2010 Ford F150, Radiator fan seems to be running on high more than it should. Fan kicks on about 30 seconds after vehicle is started and is extremely loud. Even kicks on when its a cooler day. Also stays on when driving down the highway. Thought the fan was supposed to kick on when it reached a certain temperature then goes off once the temp drops. Switched out the high and low speed relays and did no good. I also noticed on the highway about a 30-40 minute drive the A/C was not blowing as cold as it should that I started sweating. Does blow cold when driving around town at low speeds or even just sitting there. Not sure if the continuously running fan and A/C not blowing as cold as it should are tied together.

@bhurry turn your AC off and see if the fan still stays on. The loud sound could come from your Fan Clutch for the same reason your fan stays on. Let us know what engine size your F-150 has so that we can possibly get more information for you.

It's the 5.4 and the fan does quit running when the A/C is turned off. I have to turn A/C off when i go to the drive through at the bank. I heard that the fans in the 2010 are just an extremely loud fan? Would the blower motor resistor have anything to do with the fan not working properly?

@bhurry yes they are loud but for as long as your temp is good the fan is working properly. No, that is not related to the resistor. The fan does turn on with the AC it is designed like that. Just a heavy duty fan....

Bryan Hurry will be eternally grateful.