Hybrid notebook/tablet released in December 2015. Manufactured by Acer, the Chromebook R11 is an inexpensive option among an already-cheap line of notebooks.

How can I get a foreign object out of the headphone jack?

I tried plugging my headphones into the headphone jack in school, but it wasn't going in. I couldn't really see anything, so I tried using force (which was probably a dumb move). When that failed, I got my flashlight out and saw a tiny (nearly the size of the jack) clear ball jammed at the bottom. It's frustrating because I have no idea where it could've came from, and I've only had the Chromebook for about a month now. What should I do? Please help! :((

Have a nice day! :)

EDIT: Don't attempt to dremmel your device please... (~@alexniculescu)i open up the device, dremmel a hole in the back, and push it out.

Be sure not to damage the flex or wires the part would be attached to, and dont go so deep or wide as to cause issues. the smaller the hole, the better.

You could use tweezers and a steady hand to try and convince the ball out. A more crude, but still viable option is to (gently) hit the opposite end of the computer with the jack down and hope it falls out. If you have a pair small enough to fit, you could try using some needle-nosed pliers. If all else fails, you could try using a small srewdriver like the ones for eyeglasses or some other narrow object and try to pick it out, however I can't gaurentee that will leave the jack in a working conditon. There is always the posibility of breaking something, and you kinda have to use your own discretion to figure out what's gonna be alright to try.

Overall, those are the most basic suggestions I could give.

Hipe this helps!

Device has a breakout board for audio and the one USB port. I have had success opening it up and removing this board. From there is is pretty easy to push out the foreign item and reseat the board.

ever play operation ?

steady hand, straightened out paper clip and super glue, go

we have a LOT of people come into my store who have tried this. this makes a simple labor repair into a replacement part. do not use superglue if you are not extremely confident with it. it mor often glues the part into the item, then actually fixes it.

Samantha Rees will be eternally grateful.