Repair manuals and support for 4-wheeled passenger and cargo vehicles.

How to clear a clogged catalytic converter

My secondary catalytic converter is clogged coming from the exhaust manifold down past the first catalytic converter into the second one I've removed it tried to spray brake fluid in it any advice

Sorry, what make and model Samsung do you have? I am not familiar with any Samsungs with Catalytic convertors and exhaust manifolds.

What is the make, model and year of your car?

Clogged catalytic converters typically aren't cleaned, they're replaced. Once a cat gets clogged the exhaust is able to superheat the catalysts inside, melting/fusing them together and creating a more significant blockage. There is no saving it; it must be replaced.

Ghetto "workarounds" -- none of which are recommended -- include removing the O2 sensor in front of the cat (will cause performance and emissions issues, also illegal), banging hard on the cat with a hammer to break it up and then starting the car to blow out the broken pieces (more performance and emissions issues, also illegal), removing the cat and soaking it for a day in either a heavy concentration of Dawn dish detergent and vinegar, acetone, or sodium hydroxide -- none of which are really effective and sodium hydroxide is pretty nasty as well.

Here's a reasonably good video about "cleaning" a catalytic converter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QIRFUg...

@secondlife great explanations on cleaning the CATalytic convertors. For an lamen like me, I had to read a few times before I realized you shortened catalytic convertor to simply "cat". I had some colorful visions of a feline, a plunger, and tail pipe, along with comedian Gallagher and a feline. Both of which would have PETA on your tail (no pun intended).

Lonny javille will be eternally grateful.