Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

Error code rf and e

I have an error code rf and e on my LG bottom freezer refrigerator the freezer works fine the refrigerator top section seems to not be cooling like the bottom veggies section and that's were the vent is I have to reconnect every 3 hours to delete the code what should be replaced? Help??!

Laura Moreno, do you notice any ice or frost on the back wall of your freezer? You might have to pull out some food ideas to get a good look at the entire back wall. Have you noticed water under your crisper drawers in the fresh food section?

Not in the freezer but there is ice in the back of the fresh food section

Laura more a, The frost build up could be an issue in the defrost circuit. When that happens ice keeps building up and the fan motor that is suppose to blow the cold air into the refrigerator can't cuz it too is covered in ice.

LG suggests replacing the main board along with defrost heater and sensor. The new board has a longer defrost time. I would suggest having a qualified technician diagnosis it. There are other components that can fail and cause similar symptoms.

@llmoreno it will definitely help if you can tell us what exact model your refrigerator is. LG fault code RF is usually for "Error is Fan Motor Abnormality" The issues could be related to either the Fan Motor or Main Control Board.

There is no error code consisting of a single "e". Double check on that.

Lg model number: LFXS32726s /00

The screen is exactly like this the top says ice type cubed crush , then it says refrigerator: E freezer: rF but when I reconnect it the refrigerator has 37° and freezer 0°

RF is Refrigerator fan. If the back wall has ice/frost than the evaporator coil is frozen over the blades of the evaporator fan motor. Your fan stopped blowing the cold air and the error is due to the fan not working. The repair I recommend for this LG is to replace the fresh food evaporator fan assembly panel. It comes assembled with fan and sensors. part #ADJ7325266

The defrost control Part # ACM73919201- it easily attaches to the evaporator coil and a new control board. part #EBR78940606. You might think this is overkill. I have replaced just the fan motor or just the defrost control, I've even replaced motor and defrost control and usually back with sensor errors or more. If I replace the fan motor, defrost control and sensors, I'm back in a few days with a bad control board. That's my suggested repair. Good luck. I hope I've been some help.

laura moreno will be eternally grateful.