Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

New IFIXIT battery not charging

My new replacement IFIXIT battery will not charge. Out of the box my multimeter read it at 3.81Vdc. I removed the replacement and reinstalled the OEM and confirmed that it would accept a charge. Tried my hand at the IFIXIT battery again just to rule out installation and still no dice.

When I power up with the IFIXIT, my battery reads between 9-17% but if I let my phone auto lock it reboots itself.

I tested the battery while in the phone and on the charger and it would never raise over 3.84Vdc.

I assume I have received a bad battery and I need a solution to this ASAP. I emailed support around midnight last night and have yet to receive a response.

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Josh! I just had our CS team reply to your email. In the meantime, I would say re-install the original battery if it's not too mangled from disassembly, and otherwise you might be tied to a charger until your new one arrives. Great job troubleshooting!

Josh Pirkle will be eternally grateful.