Phone does not turn on at all - Tried new battery and screen - U2 Chip

Hi All

Have an iPhone 6S that will not turn on at all.

Tried putting a charged battery in and a new screen still will not turn on at all.

Could it be the U2 chip? I thought even though it was faulty it would still turn on with a charged battery.

Even a defective Tristar should get to the Logo screen...usually.

Is you phone detected by iTunes if connected to a computer?

Your problem sounds more pervasive. Have you probed the circuit board, primarily PP_VCC_MAIN & PP_BATT_VCC to see if they are shorted? When "powered" by a known-good battery, do you see the proper voltage levels? This is the first thing to check, after the battery, on dead devices.

If you see shorts or no voltages, then this phone will have to be looked at by an experienced micro-solderer.

Not detected by computer, have not probed the circuit board.

Are you saying to test those points with my multimeter?

Do I need to ground against a certain point on the board or just the chassis?

You need to find a ground point, chassis or otherwise. You should search for and download the schematic in order to do this properly.

Matt Wilkinson will be eternally grateful.