Released in North America in November 2006.

How to reconnect a controller to the wii

My Wii remote is not syncing to the Wii and I think it might be broken.

@jbeckwith try to sync it to your console:"

Press and release the SYNC button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the Player LED on the front of the Wii Remote will blink. While the lights are still blinking, quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the Wii console. When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete."

I tried that

You unplugged your Wii for a while to see if it resets? After that try to sync again or you could try this. Connect by pressing the red button on your Wii remote. It should start flashing for about 30 secs or so. Then, while its flashing, press the red button on your Wii console, open the flap under the reset button to find it. once you have done that continuously press 1 and 2 at THE SAME TIME 10 times then press power button on top left of remote, press the A button and that could make it work.If nothing else contact @tronicsfix and see if he knows of some common errors.

Jadin Beckwith will be eternally grateful.