Featuring patented Sonic technology delivers 31,000 brush strokes per minute., 5 brushing modes and advanced brush head technology, Dual charging system includes charger glass and usb charging travel case

Tip loose and broken off(?) possible to fix?

I woke up this morning and was going to brush my teeth but as I was brushing the brush head came off and I saw that the small metal tip that you attach the brush too had come loose, see attached pictures.´

http://i.imgur.com/JHrre5O.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/i1H7kgN.jpg

Any way to fix this?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes. Remove the bottom cap of your toothbrush. (Plenty of videos on YouTube that will show you how) I used the smallest and thinnest flathead screwdriver I could find, slipped it in between the case and the cap and it came off with minimal damge. Then there are two plastic clips inside the case that need to be pushed back in order for the internals to be pulled out. Once the clips are pushed back place the metalic shaft on a hard surface and slowly push down onto the surface and the internals will slide out of the case. Once out you will notice either the screw is lose, or the bolt where the screw secures the shaft to the internals has broken off. If its lose, just tighten the screw and you're good to go. If it's broken off, just go to Amazon.com and type: Metal Shaft for Diamond Sonic Care Toothbrush and you will find a replacement part for under $25.00. It's just that simple. Be careful removing the water proof rubber sealants on the old shaft. You're gonna need to put them on the new shaft. If you break them during the removal process, you can find replacement ones on Ebay for under $5.00. Good Luck!

I followed your instructions after Philips declined to help a pensioner get this item repaired in Europe. I found a loose securing screw,tightened it and rebuilt the unit, now on charge and working well. Philips did offerv a 20% discount if i bought a replacement from their own store. To replace my item ,a Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush before postage and discount price was £299.00!!! Thanks to ifixit i didnt have to unnecessarily leave a large amount of my pension to Philips!

Bestefa will be eternally grateful.