PS4 Controller model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

Why is my r2 button not working

My r2 button wont work right I have to press it really hard in Battle feild wont work in gta5 .

Most Helpful Answer

Could be a number of issues: the plunger on the inside of the button could be cracked, the button switch could be loose, or there could be dirt or damage to the button switch. Gonna have to open it up and have a look.

DualShock 4 Buttons Replacement

Here’s a simple solution to fix buttons that don’t seem to be working. It does requiring taking the controller apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3La8a1...

Dude I logged in just to say thanks lol this link helped me big time. Just managed to fix my controller

Need to change the R1 & R2 rubber ( comes one long rubber under the tow buttons).

In gta 5 you can change the controls so r2 (fire or drive) is swapped with something else

Exactly! I could not drive forward. All 4 controllers! Don’t take your controller apart before you go into the game you were playing, go into options, look to see if you’ve swapped out forward (R2) with .. say “O” or circle now does both forward and boost thruout your controllers!

Dont know of this helps or not but…. If your controllers get dropped regularly, like mine do…..take it apart, carefully clean the contacts of the conductive film and it's respective contacts on the circuit board. I use 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and a few Q-tips. Scrub, but carefully. Then use a clean cloth to buff the film contacts and the board contacts. Make sure everything aligns correctly when you screw the circuit board back down. Screw the circuit board back down and connect the battery and try it out. Unless your controller is physically broken, or the rubber pads are torn or crushed, this should fix your problem. Unless it was submerged in fluids, just smashed to !&&*, or a button was physically broken from being to rough….this had fixed every single one I've come across with a “shoulder buttons worked and now they don't “ scenario. It's almost always that film. It moves and that was a design flaw.

I am having this same problem is there a way to not use isopropyl alcohol for the conductive film?

All you need to do

1 chk the rubber . If not ok. Got to step 2

2 hit the controller one floor or table. cover with a mat . With careful. If not work got to last step 3

3. Need to Change the conducive film ..

U have to press down on thr r2 button hard for it to work

My L2 trigger button wont work right I have to press it really hard in call of duty and work abit in gta when I go in reverse or if I aim to shoot someone in gta5 I have to put the L2 trigger button in

Lane Bauer will be eternally grateful.