Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Black screen of death

So I got the "black screen of death" on my iPhone 7 128gb silver on iOS 10.3 while casually using my phone the other day. The screen faded to black slowly and wouldn't show again, I could feel the home button vibrate so I knew it was still on but the silent switch doesn't make the phone vibrate. so I tried soft reset- didn't work, tried letting it die then charging- didn't work, tried update- didn't work, finally tried restore in both Dfu and recovery mode didn't work, so after that I assumed maybe it was the LCD so I tried a new one that didn't work either.

Now I'm stuck with a paperweight iPhone 7 that is less than a month old, I would contact apple but I was told warranty won't cover it anymore since i opened it to try a new LCD. Is there anything you guys would recommend? Any and all help is appreciated, very little info about my problem online. Thank you for your time.

I though the article is useful. At least it helped me exit black screen......

How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death

Put the original LCD back on, and get the phone replaced under warranty. Do not tell them anything about opening the phone, just say one day it suddenly just died like that.

You plug into your computer then on your phone you hold power button and volume up for 10 seconds then release volume up keeping your finger on the power button for 3 seconds. It will restart and nothing lost.

Hey , i have the exact same problem so I was wondering if you fixed yours at the end and how? What was the cause?

hello

You Need Check Battery With Full charge..... and connect with iTune .. i hope your Phone connected.... if connected you have 2 Problem

1) Chargeing

2) Lcd Light

Thanks.....

I got Same Problem. And Solved..

This happened on a 7 that I fixed about two weeks ago, you need to order either this or something just like it.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-TranS...

Just few hour ago,I still using my ip7 to watch FB live, after awhile I put it back into my pocket like usually did,when I come back home,I wondering why my phone is suddenly black off ,tried charge ,I can feel the electricity going through the phone , but it just black screen like that, vibrate no function, volume down+power doesn't work .... Just a sudden case , and that's the first time I experienced such weird thing,few thousand of photos haven't backup n some important data.... Frustration now.

IPhone 7 plus blacked out and keep going to other stuff without me clicking on it and seems like electricity going through it and it keeps blacking out and IDK why please help

Poop mcgee will be eternally grateful.