Released 2016, April 159g, 8.1mm thickness Android OS, v6.0.1 16GB storage, microSD card slot

back button & apps button KEYS not working

Apps button & Back Button not working, tried that Firmware version (*#2663#) thing also, TSP FW update and Touch key FW update both, still not working. Please help its == Samsung J5 ==

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

Hi!

This is what I've got for you.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu

From here, toggle the switch to "ON". This will create a hovering circle with a window with four panes inside it. If you interact with the hovering circle it will open a new window in which you have access to the back and recent apps buttons via an onscreen button.

Not sure what has disabled the hardware buttons, but this should give you access via onscreen software.

I know it's not a true fix, but a work around.

Omg it works!!! Thanks you so much

It Worked. You Made My Day. Thanks.

What do I do with the last windows

Great ... good solution

Thank you Alex!!! God bless you!I have trouble this for 4days

I have a j5 prime with the exact same issue, I found app in app store called easy home for samsung. It works perfectly, hope this helps

If it is similar to the j3, the screen is above two sensors that look like small circuit boards. I replaced a screen a while back, and ran into the same issue. I took the screen back off and re installed it. I made sure to line the groves on the bottom of the screen with the small touch sensors. It fixed the problem for me. When installing a screen you should always test it first. You can plug the screen in, turn the phone on, and dial *#0*# this will bring up several test options. The touch test will allow you to test the digitiser, and the subject test will let you test all the buttons including the back and apps button

Sub key test* not subject. Sorry for the typo

Lionel Myers will be eternally grateful.