A 12.5" ultrabook with multitouch capabilities and 360° of screen articulation. Ships with 4th-generation Intel Core processors and Windows 8.1.

How do I erase the bios password

I have a lenovo thinkpad yoga 11e. I forgot the bios password. I can't login to my computer. Is there a backdoor bios password? If not, then does removing the CMOS battery work? If it does, then how would I do it?

Hi!

To reset the BIOS password you need to remove the coin-cell battery and short out its contact points. This should reset the password.

We don't have a guide on your specific model, but I came across this user manual that explains the procedure of replacing the battery. Scroll to page 108. Good luck.

Thank you so much!!!!! This is exactly what I need!!!!!!

how do i short out its contact points

@The Rebel: You take a metal object and touch both contact points of the battery slot.

Good Morning

I have a lenovo thinkpad t560 and wanted to reset the bios pass I can use this method

Zach Asay will be eternally grateful.