Need to uninstall Joy Launcher

Please can someone assist me with uninstalling Joy Launcher. This app was installed without permission. It is killing phone battery and eating data.

If I disable it always updates when phone is near to a wifi spot.

I cannot carry on with this phone

Most Helpful Answer

Hi!

You can't uninstall this app, as it is the Launcher for your version of Android. It is basically the interface's skin.

However you could install another Launcher, like the Google Launcher (which is, in my opinion, the best one out there, but there are plenty options in the Play Store so you can choose what you like best) and disable this one without it re-initializing every time.

Hello. Thank you so much. I will down Google Launcher as I have no idea what other launcher is a good one. Lets hope that this will solve our issues. Thank you for your time

thankyou this worked straight away and I used google launcher as well.

Thanks Alex. Great explanation. Your solution worked a treat for me. I now also use the Google Launcher too.

Am not sure how to uninstall joylauncher and then install google launcher can anyone talk me thru this please, also i dont want to lose any data from my phone if this is possible. Thanks

Kim Breytenbach will be eternally grateful.