Need to uninstall Joy Launcher

Please can someone assist me with uninstalling Joy Launcher. This app was installed without permission. It is killing phone battery and eating data.

If I disable it always updates when phone is near to a wifi spot.

I cannot carry on with this phone

same to me ! phone is unusable by joy louncher, its no joy

I installed Nova Louncher

Joy launcher was forced me on a basic pixi 4 phone which was rendered inoperable within a day of joy launcher being install, it took the phone over consantly suggesting apps, with a stupic blue octopus on the screen. I managed to free up enough space to install the google now launcher and disable the joy launcher. This gave me 0.3 Gb back on my phone.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hi!

You can't uninstall this app, as it is the Launcher for your version of Android. It is basically the interface's skin.

However you could install another Launcher, like the Google Launcher (which is, in my opinion, the best one out there, but there are plenty options in the Play Store so you can choose what you like best) and disable this one without it re-initializing every time.

Hello. Thank you so much. I will down Google Launcher as I have no idea what other launcher is a good one. Lets hope that this will solve our issues. Thank you for your time

thankyou this worked straight away and I used google launcher as well.

Thanks Alex. Great explanation. Your solution worked a treat for me. I now also use the Google Launcher too.

Glad I could help.

Am not sure how to uninstall joylauncher and then install google launcher can anyone talk me thru this please, also i dont want to lose any data from my phone if this is possible. Thanks

This worked for me.

Settings - Apps - File Manager (or Files) - uninstall updates. I was then asked if I wanted to revert to standard Android launcher, clicked yes. Joy all gone! Not quite sure why, but the Joy thing seems to work via file manager.

First time I did this, Joy came back after a few weeks. I've now switched off automatic updates in Playstore, hopefully that will do the trick.

Wonderful, worked for me. Greatly appreciated, thank you

Goto settings-memory and press on Memory used by apps.

There you will find the annoying launcher, remove the updates

and this will remove the launcher from your Pixi.

You have to replace own icons on the screen.

Thank you so much, I think you may have saved me some serious hassle. The Joy Launcher was stopping almost everything!

For the Alcatel U5 (nougat), Joy Launcher is also found under the Memory Settings. There is an option to set which default launcher to use. This solves the problem.

Install aonther louncher, I installed Nova Louncher.

Problem was, that JOY Louncher alwayes crashed - so I could't start anything. So I pressed home button long => Google OK opened, I typed play and choosed play store, installed nova louncher and choosed it when it asked me which louncher should be used.

I'm very angry about alcatel POP S4- never by a china handy again, big brother is watching and tehrefore performance is slow ! Can't get rid of facebook and insta too. I bought a motorola phone now

If you transfer your apps and settings from your alcatel to your new phone, check very carefully to make sure no Alcatel apps get copied across too.

Despite checking and removing several suspect apps from the list, I still managed to get my new phone infected by "File Manager", an innocuous sounding app that turned out to be by Alcatel which screwed up the lock screen and riddled my new phone with ads. I'm minded to factory reset it to make sure it is clean, and to set it up and install apps manually.

Go to Google Play Store. Download Google Launcher App.

When it asks if you want to allow it (vs Joy Launcher) to launch,

choose ALWAYS use Google. Set up the phone with icons where

you prefer. Google does MUCH more, voice commands, weather,

location data like traffic, restaurants, time of travel, etc.

Basically you replace Joy Launcher with something else.

Kim Breytenbach will be eternally grateful.