Why Time and Date displays in Sleep Mode

Just bought the LG V20. I noticed that when the phone is in sleep mode, the Time and Date appear at the top. It's dim, but you can still see it. Can this be disabled or is this built into the phone where it can not be disabled. I see the battery life in this phone is not the greatest so I am trying to find ways to save on the discharge of the battery by disabling the Time and Date at the top of the screen in Sleep Mode, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

rjgacek

Wait, are you talking about the second screen?

Most Helpful Answer

What you are referring to is called Always On Display. It is a feature on many newer Android phones. It won't really impact battery life that much, but it can be disabled in Settings. I believe it's under Display. Hope that could help!

Thanks for the response Reed, I tried this there is nothing in the display section as an option to disable this feature, so probably it is a feature that is unable to be disabled. You find out anymore info for me Reed, please let me know. Thanks again for your help

No problem! I'll work on it.

Ron Gacek will be eternally grateful.