iPhone 6 will not charge with certain chargers

I have an iPhone 6 that's being very picky with chargers. I have one OEM Apple lightning connector that charges the phone fine. However, it refuses to charge when connected to anything not OEM. We've tried 3 aftermarket chargers and the phone will not even show the red battery on the screen. The port on the iPhone 6 port is cleaned and free from lint and debris. The same aftermarket chargers work fine on my 7 Plus so the chargers are not broken. Any ideas why it would have this issue?

Apple released a standard for charging accessories called "Made for iPhone". You'll often see this logo on packages when you shop for accessories. Specifically, this standard ensures there's a chip in the cable that stops a power surge (in basic terms) from blowing out components on your phone. Repair shops are being inundated with repairs for the U2 Tristar chip that gets damaged when using aftermarket, cheap cables.

https://developer.apple.com/programs/mfi...

You can still buy a non-OEM cable however it must be "Certified Made for iPhone (MFi)". This chip costs about $3 to manufacture, so any dealer selling you a cable for less than $5 is probably selling you cheap knockoffs that will ruin your phone.

For what it's worth, iFixit sells certified charging cables at a reasonable price here: Lightning to USB Charging Cable

Lightning to USB Charging Cable Image

Okay, I'll try that. It's for someone I know and the cable she bought was $30 (From what she tells me), surprised to see that they charge that much and it's not MFi?

That is surprising. But high cost doesn't always equal quality. My hunch is someone made out on that sale by selling a super cheap charger at many times its worth.

Austin Ledet will be eternally grateful.