Released in the USA on July 28th 2017, the Nintento 2DS XL is a handheld gaming console that is a streamlined version of the 3DS XL.

How do I replace the Bottom screen and Top Screen

Hi, someone through my bag, and it dropped onto a tree stump. Both of the screens are damaged on my 2ds xl, the top one has lines going through it and the bottom touch screen is fully smashed, and won't work at all. Everything else works fine, the controls, speakers and all that but I just want to know weather it would be better to buy a new one, or to repair the one I have already.

Thanks and Cheers of all of you who have an answer to this problem

Hi!

While you can replace the bottom screen, the top one is, as @johnwp mentioned glued to the entire front panel.

You could follow this guide if you wish to fix your console yourself, you will only need a good source for the bottom LCD & digitizer and for the upper front panel. You could try AliExpress or eBay I guess.

I don't think the top screen can be easily replaced. The top screen is a whole unit. There is liquid between the plastic and LCD. If you take the LCD away from the plastic piece it will only further damage it. As far as I know the only course of action is to send it in to Nintendo. Can anyone verify this?

Oh, my brother smashed my top screen while I was sleeping, I have CFW, can I send

it to Nintendo even though it is hacked, and how much will it cost?

You still have the old shell? I'm having a hard time getting replacement buttons; L/LZ specifically. @LegoRobinHood

Recco waite will be eternally grateful.