Home button cable plug in

So, I've been fixing phones for quite some time, but I've noticed a few things when replacing the LCD and home buttons. Some replacement screens have the connector for the home button to plug into and some don't. Ive looked many places and can't seem to see or figure out how it works. What about the parts which do not have the home button cable (not the home button itself but the one that comes seated on the LCD). Some ifixit parts come without it, and some do (even same models in the same shipment).. Is there a way to actually switch it over?

Thanks,

Beth - Experimac

That's really disappointing if iFixit lets out iPhone 6S screens that don't have home button extension cables on them.

No there isn't a way to transfer the home button extension cables from screen to screen that I know of.

Thanks. Yea that is what I thought too.

ive tried switching over the home button cable before just to see if it can be done. I can't recommend doing it because it ruins the LCD with discoloration. Any 6s display that you get with out a home button cable attached should be returned to manufacturer.

Jennifer Beth Barton will be eternally grateful.