Power Issue with my Hauwei P9
I have just recently done a 'screen' and 'battery' repair on my Hauwei P9.
I managed to replace the screen and I am able to use my phone again, YAY!
Ever since I replaced the screen and battery I am now having a major problem.
First of all, it kept coming up with a message saying, "Temperature too high, functionality limited". After noticing this message I noticed the lightning bolt charge symbol had disappeared. My phone was no longer charging so it seemed. And then the phone died even though the battery was on 35%.
So I then immediately disassembled the phone and switched the new battery around wit the old one. (only reason why I changed the battery in the first place was because it was draining fast).
Now this is where the confusion lies.
After putting the old battery back in now my phone still WILL NOT charge. But it no longer comes up with that message, "temperature too high, functionality limited".
That battery was DEAD it had NO power left in it.
My phone wouldn't turn on unless I plugged the charger in. So the charger is DEFINITELY passing current because it is somehow keeping the phone switched on. But it is stuck on 2% and every time I unplug it it dies. It seems to be holding the minimum amount of charge required too keep the phone on whilst plugged in, but without it being plugged in the phone dies.
What on earth has happened to my phone?
P.S I am still able to transfer files to and from my PC by using the USB cable
Is this a good question?