High performance tablet computer released by Apple on November 11, 2015. Model A1584.

iPad Pro 12.9 touchscreen is unresponsive from time to time

I bought the iPad Pro 3 months after released date until now. Recently my iPad Pro sometimes unresponsive to any kind of tap but as far as I know 5 finger gesture still works but 1/2 fingers tap and swipe is not possible.

I can return to home just like pressing the home button by swipe with 5 fingers.

During unresponsive I cannot

- tap with 1 finger.

- swipe left and right with 1 finger.

- swipe with 2 finger

- zoom in zoom out with 2 finger.

I haven't made any update since I got it from Apple. iOS 10.2

At first I I tried to tap and it doesn't respond but keep tapping it sometimes works. Not so often but I dislike it when it occurs during gaming. Leave it rest awhile and it just back online as it used to be about a couple minutes.

So I made another test by using apple pencil when touchscreen is unresponsive and it works apple pencil works like normal.

I am never drop the iPad, nor crash it against something let say I am taking care of it like a little chid.

Now I see where the problem came from. I leave the Apple Pencil battery to runs out completely. Now touchscreen is solved but when I plugged the Apple Pencil back just within a first 3 seconds I having a same issue again.

I am also have no sweaty finger too because I am only sweaty when using iPhone only (too hot for my finger)

Right now I updated my iPad Pro and no problem just yet. But new update seems to make my touchscreen a bit too sensitive than usual.

I also have iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Sporadically the touchscreen will not respond. I did all the updates and a full factory reset. Still does respond every now and then. Sometimes for 1-2 minutes, other times only for a few seconds. For $1100 I expect a lot more from apple. Not happy at all

I have been having problems with my iPad Pro 10.5 for three months now. The screen often and arbitrarily ignores my touch, especially when I'm typing. I tried resetting and using different settings. Finally, I did a full reset, after many hard restarts, and it did not solve the issue. I'm starting to loathe my iPad.

I have all the latest updates and now over the past 2 months I have times when I can not use the touchscreen because it does not respond. Not what I expect from Apple!

Most Helpful Answer

So far I can see some saying it’s:

1) Software issue

2) Hardware issue

3) Rotate the screen

4) Turn off Bluetooth

5) App issues

6) Backup and restore

So when will a true and documented solution comes about I will try It. Where is Apple in this issue? Seems to be a lot of people with this problem. My IPad Pro 12.9 with Verizon cellular and 256 Gb worked fine....at first. But now I am conflicted.

Apple We spent a Grand on your empire. Save us Obi Wan!

What I know the most is when the iPad Pro was out with iOS it's working very very fine until updated to iOS 10 I think there is a flaw in the iOS which Apple couldn't addressed it yet. I have been received a new iPad Pro from Apple after my Anger smash the iPad Pro for free but the unresponsive touch still kinda annoying. But most case it seems to happening to users that connect with Apple Pencil.

My iPad Pro 12.9 does this constantly and I have no Apple Pencil. Apple needs to admit there’s a problem and fix it free.

I already exchanged my new (3months old) iPad Pro because of the same issue. Now (after few months) everything’s back, touch screen is not responding from time to time.. I’m very disappointed and tired of this. I’m thinking of returning it. I don’t have a pencil so I don’t think this is the problem. Too much headache

Same problem here. Happens frequently.

Having same problem for about a month. I have had my iPad Pro 12.9 1st generation for 2 years and it has just now started acting up. Even now typing is a problem due to screen not responding intermittently!

I think it’s a software issue. Updated to ios12 public beta 3 days ago, no unresponsive screen sense that time, prior it was happening daily. Home button, power and volume rocker all worked, but couldn’t do touch screen. I’m running a 2nd gen iPad or 12.9 and all is good now.

Guys have you tried disabling Gestures in Multitasking & Dock (Preferences - General)?

I was gonna go to Apple Genius Bar and even signed up for the Service appointment but then after I switched Gestures Off and then On it seems it started to work absolutely fine. Will keep you posted.

I did it long ago but it doesn't make any different. My iPad Pro seems to having problem with rotation because sometimes it confused of what position I am holding in which they shown me a portrait and landscape at the same time.

This works. But you have to turn it off to get the full benefit. I did this so i could keep playing my games. Or else i keep losing because of sudden loss in touch input. Thanks for the feedback.

This is a temporary solution until apple makes this software issue go away. Hopefully in the mext update. Or else this is just a band aid for now. Not loving it.

I know that these issues with my iPad Pro 12.9 are not due to mine having this or that issue, because my husband’s iPad is always playing up around the same time as mine is. Apple are f’ing c*nts pardon my French! I will never buy another product from them!

After reading this I looked into it and I kind a remember turning the ‘Allow multiple apps’ on, I turned it and all the other options on the multitasking and Dock page off and freezing has stopped for me.. thanks

It's not a hardware issue it's iOS issue. If you back to iOS 9 everything is solved completely when I got this first iPad it comes with iOS 9.3, 10 and 11 doesn't seem to change anything and perhaps Apple did not address or even noticed about the problem just yet as I see a new update haven't fixed anything.

My issue seems to seldom appear but it's kinda annoying, however rotate or tilt the iPad helps sometimes or sometimes just simply tap the lock screen or put iPad screen to sleep and just re-open it. Solved for temporary.

I don't know if a New iPad that offer in the market right now have a same issue with iPad Pro 1st gen and 2nd gen both 10 and 12?

removed all of the widgets on the notification page , turning everything off (background refresh, Siri, dictation, thumbprint lock, location, gestures, Bluetooth, etc. removed my cover with “Smart Cover feature” and it seems to be helping .

i suspect that it’s due to the accelerometer which causes the delay

Different things seem to be working for different people.

What hasn’t worked for me: Full erase, iTunes restore

Widget Removal

1. Slide from top down
  2. swipe left to right one time
  3. tap “edit”
  4. tap “-“ then “remove” for each of the widgets (e.g. news, weather, calendar)
  5. tap “done” at the top/ middle/ off to the right hand corner after removing.
  6. I do believe that this is a software issue because I wasn’t experiencing this with 10.2. Hope this helps.

Deactivating the widgets like described above fixed this very annoying problem.

I had two 12.9 Pros -, both with the same screen-freezes. Possibly it‘s been one of the widgets like linkedIn, newsify ore something that updates in the background.

sometimes shutting down works, sometimes changing orientation works, etc,,

but problem comes back and annoying - it shouldnt be doing this.

Exactly. I can't do much and update doesn't fix it entirely but reduce the chances.

I hooe they know that its going on and fix it - really annoying.

Keeps coming back. Frustrating. Started after 10 upgrade then got worse with each upgrade.

I did not upgrade the iOS but as I learned to hold it in proper angle. That unresponsive touch seems no longer annoying me now

I got a replacement again after there's screen backlighting issue, the touch screen response seem fixed now. I also did not use back/up restore, rather, installed everything fresh to avoid bugs. This was bit of pain but it seems to be going fine.

Yes, it is something to do with the pencil. I get no response with touching with fingers, but the pencil works fine. If I try a few times the finger response seems to come back.

Same here. No resolution found yet.

So, after a few months of owning my new iPad Pro and working through this issue, i'm starting to realize that it has to do with other things touching the screen at the same time.

Sometimes, when i'm holding the iPad a certain way (e.g., balanced between my thumb and palm on one hand), the issue will pop up, but then I place the iPad on the table and the issue goes away.

I think it has something to do with the edge of the screen registering some object as a finger incorrectly. At least that's my .02 based on a couple months of playing with the device. Hope that helps some folks. It's still really frustrating. iPad Mini (1st Gen) and my iPhone 6s don't have these issues.

Chris, this is not correct for everyone and is misleading information on the forum. I and many have had this screen problem when it’s docked into the keyboard where nothing can interfere with poor handling of the device. This is a fault with either the hardware or software, not clumsy hands.

Sorry if you view my post as misleading... was simply stating my observations. Maybe my issue is different than yours *shrugs*

I actually agree with Chris. I have also noticed this.

That said while similar I have also tested with the iPad Pro 12.9 sitting on a desk and not held seeing the issue here. I believe it is related to the pencil as while the issue was occurring with an APP I took the pencil out of BT range and the problem went away.

Returning the pencil caused a recurrence of the issue. This was done without removing focus from the app in question.

The pencil always worked on the screen when fingers did not.

‘Forgetting’ the Bluetooth connection to the pencil also seemed to clear it up.

Chris, I have the same problem with mine. If anything else is touching the screen it is unresponsive. I’ve also found the same thing to be true with my iPhone 7 and my iPhone 7 Plus. Had the same problem with iPhone 6 and my iPhone 6 Plus, the 5 and the 5S. The last problem free iPhone were my iPhone 4’s. My first generation Retina display iPad never had any problems, still doesn’t. The quality of Apple devices and assessories are for s**t. My iPad Pro worked fine until recently. Don’t know if it started with the iOS 11 software. I noticed the keys “sticking” when I was typing. Then it became unresponsive when I tapped on app icons. When are they releasing the next generation of iPads? If anyone knows or has heard any rumors.

I had a similar though that I might have been holding some fingers too close to the screen. Now I type very deliberately with only one fingers and I still get the non-appearing characters. I have to do a hard restart every 15-60 minutes, problems start emerging again after 10-15 minutes. Very frustrating. I’m looking for a different tabeteasei’s s fustrtg. That last piece was he iPads version of tablet because it’s so frustrating. Typed with onefinger very slowly to make sure every key is pressed. Bye, have to restart again ....

I tried all solutions in this thread - nothing helped.

After that I realized on my side the problem is connected to the Smart Cover. When I connect Smart Cover I have all sorts of problems with unresponsive touch. When I disconnect Smart Cover it works just fine!

@JohnC, I also have noticed that it seems to be triggered often when connecting or disconnecting the smart cover. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the only thing triggering it and, for me, reversing the connection doesn't seem to undo it. The only thing that seems to fix it for me is a hard restart—and sometimes I have to hard restart it a dozen times in a row before the iPad will sense my touches again.

In my case hard restart doesn’t help much. Have you tried disabling Bluetooth and Apple Pencil? I think that also helps.

Try turning off Bluetooth.

Tried turning off Bluetooth ironically the switch was on a dead spot so I had to rotate the screen to find a live spot to turn it off. It didn’t work. Thanks for suggesting it but it boils down to shoddy products at this point.

I tried everything.

Finally helped: fully reset an NOT restore from backup.

So it seems to be a software problem.

gl!

unfortunately for my case it isn't.

Mr.Hymn - did you re-insall all the app one by one from the app store and similar with all the media? this fixed my issue finally

Resetting to Factory settings seems to have been helped me!

I’m sorry, but don’t be too happy.. I did that and after 3 months everything is back

I have an iPad Pro....same problem....and Indont even have a pencil!

My wife has an iPad mini....same problem

A friend has an iPad air....same problem

It’s NOT A HARWARE PROBLEM, it’s an IOS problem that Apple has yet to acknowledge and FIX !!

GRRrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Update,

With the aid of an Apple tech guide...he suggested it could have been a faulty IOS update causing the problem.

This morning I went through the procedure of first backing up, then restoring to factory settings, re installing etc etc.

So far, it seems to have worked. Keeping fingers crossed.

Update #2

After 24 hours of using all problems seem to be resolved. Working like a new computer.

Do let know what happened after a week. Coz i did the factory reset b4 and nope, it doesnt help

Amat.....now the 5th day since factory reset. When I say factory reset I mean wiping everything off back to a new computer. So far still working normal.

I have to agree. I commented on this post 3 months ago and have been monitoring all comments. I factory reset and it has certainly been the best fix to date. If I can add to the reset. Factory reset. Test. Install an app. Test. Keep loading apps. Test. Whether it's an app or iOS. It's a software issue I believe.

iPad Pro 12.9 3 months old at time of first incident -never dropped! Everything worked fine playing Vainglory MOBA till 4 in the morning. Nov/Dec 2017 I think iOS updated and it has been worthless for reliability ever since! To say I am so irritated with Apple is an understatement! Purchased specifically for this gaming app and now I just expect it to screw me every time I try to play randomly freezing in middle of battles where other people count on you. I believe it’s software related based on time of events. If Apple does not make this right I will never buy another product and I will bad mouth them without end. Yes I’ve tried every fix short of replacing it and now it’s go time! -_-

And to answer many questions - Freezes randomly no matter what app/configuration/settings. I wiped it with a fresh install disabling all/various touch screen settings with nothing else on device and it still glitches !!!

I have the same problem with my iPad Pro 12.9, few months after use. I took videos and showed it to Apple and they replaced both my smart cover and the iPad with new ones. It worked fine for two months and the same problem emerges today. I come here for an answer but apparently I fail to get a solution. Apple please fix it.

Lol I was also playing VG when the freezing happened. I thought I was going crazy. Very extremely frustrating.

I have the same issue with my 12.9 2018 ipad pro. It is definable a hardware issue! As when i keep the ipad by two hands it is not responsive to the touch on the center sometimes, but when I put the ipad on the table it works just fine!

So, it is the hardware, i.e. screen problem issue and we should hold Apple responsible and liable for the defective hardware... My wife have another ipad pro 12.9 2016 and it never had any problem whatsoever with screen, even though it had been updated with all the new updates!

We should put our hands together and make a very firm objections to Apple and if they don’t take it seriously, we should file a “class action” lawsuit for this hardware issue and have Apple to replace their faulty screen. We paid a lot of money for this crap and deserve to have a decent product!

Have the exact sme problem with my 1st genration iPad Pro right now whle typing tis comment. Every odd letter is not coming through because of an unresonsive screen. Very annoying. Have tried all mentioned solutions. Disconnecd my Apple Pencil, removed all widgets, am typing tis without Apple’s Smart Cover, and I reinstalled iOS clean. And no, I havet dropped the iAd evr. This respnse has been typed on my iPad in one go. I did have to add some lettrs aftewards assome words were undecipherable du to letters and spaces not working. Crazy thing is there are moments when the screen works great and other mments where it’s just unworkable.

This precisely describes what my keyboard and touch screen do. It's worse with s, t, a, r, and especially e. It probably has to do with letter frquency in the language, BUT IT'S INFURIATING!!!

i think apple is having issues with pencil / palm rejection and making the touch screen work. This would be an issue for users that takes lots of notes, going between apps with pencil and touch but they probably haven't taken on board since most people probably don't use pencil all day long like I do . Not sure what can be done-hoping it will resolve with update

Now I see what exactly is the main issue of this. Just simply rotate the iPad from either horizontal to portrait or portrait to horizontal and I will be able to tap again but after a few updates, I got less issue of this.

I have just the same problem with the 2.gen Ipad. :(

I have only 2 resolutions. first just changing the angle of iPad Pro and if it's doesn't work press sleep button then press the home button back. Everything should go to normal but it isn't solve any long term problem though. No need to restart or even force restart, doesn't help.

Apple is just selling poor quality products. My iPad Pro is difficult to type on because of touch issues and the iPhone X has issues as well. My solution is to grin and bear it until I can write them both off.

I formerly had a 10" ipad pro and used the pen on it with no problem, but my daughter dropped it and shattered the screen. Fortunately, someone at work retired and turned in a 12.9" ipad pro. Unfortunately, the screen will stop responding to touches all the time. This only happens between the screen turning off and on. i.e, it never just stops working in the middle of me using it. However, I've tried several things to get it to sense touches again and I can't find a consistent solution. Sometimes, it starts working after I do a hard reset. Other times, I have to hard reset it 5-8 times. Other times, it will only work if the Apple pencil is plugged in when I reset it. Other times, it'll become responsive after rotating the screen back and forth. The problem is that none of these solutions seem to work the next time I use it. It's becoming increasingly annoying and increasingly difficult to use the darn machine. This is clearly a software issue. Not sure what's causing it (though I suspect it's a palm-rejection algorithm gone awry)

Yes. Rotating the screen helps. I am still have no solution for 12.9 As far as I know if you want to see why screen become unresponsive please enable dynamic background or wallpaper, when screen become unresponsive. You will see background is shaking. Like a iPad confuse which direction or angle we're holding the iPad right now.

mine has improved significantly with the latest public Beta release. maybe they fixed it?

Not so sure but yes iOS 11 have less sensitivity than iOS 10

If you're having this issue, you should try to use iTunes on your Mac or PC to backup and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily setup your iPad Pro as new to test your issues, and then restore your backup and test the issues again. this worked for me

followed same steps after 3 days of this that and the other.... still having issues. Only works 100% with apple pencil, the touchscreen with hand is hit or miss and usually miss.

This does not fix the problem for me.

Im starting to think these probems are caused via the new install feature on ios. The feature that connects to you old ios device and uses this as a install guide. I also have issues with notes not connecting with my Aple id account.

Just had the issue on my iPad Pro 12’. Since it is a Dec.2015 model, they do not cover in the warranty and asked me for $600 for the repair!

Its not a software problem, it is a hardware problem. The touch sensor controller stop working or just does not work properly.

Very unhappy with apple!!

I can partially solved the problem by rotating the screen I think it have a problem with a rotation sensor somehow

I don't know what to say about it but I tried so many ways to end this problem but it won't and I'm not sure if new iPad 2018 and new iOS would work, I do not dare to update the iOS as I am afraid of increase the issues that I already have.

1) Software issue >> Could be iOS but never see a problem in iOS 9

2) Hardware issue >> I smashed the iPad with anger and get a new one and still have a problem???

3) Rotate the screen >> helped from time to time but not every time

3.5) Restart the iPad or Turn off the screen and turn it back on >> helped from time to time but not every time

4) Turn off Bluetooth >> tried and still not working

5) App issues >> it is happening to all apps so not the app issues for sure

6) Backup and restore >> tried and still the same

Best solution I have is to place iPad nearly flat or flat on a table and 90 degree vertical which usually will 100% working all the time without any problems.

Tried everything it just keeps hanging and being intermittent not responding. This has mainly happened since last iOS updates. I also find my pencil looses its charge when not being used if I have bt on. This only happened since latest iOS update.

Shame iPads used be good!

So I think I mostly fixed this on my side. Previously I wrote that removing Smart Cover worked but I still was experiencing unresponsive moments. And it was getting worse with time. There’s almost no issues after I did the following:

1) Updated to iOS 11.3.1 - that helped a bit. Apple wrote it fixes an issue with the screen, maybe it improves iPad behavior as well. I’m not sure but my impression it does help.

2) Removed Facebook app (it helped with battery life at least)

3) Went to Background App Refresh and disabled almost all applications in there. I think disabling everything helps a lot! But I need at least Mail and a couple of others.

Using this config second day in a row and there are still random unresponsive moments but only a few of them. I have Bluetooth enabled, Apple Pencil connected and Smart Cover as well.

My iPad is still under warranty, I’ll wait more to see if it’s a software issue in the end and if it gets worse will go to Apple Service. It was a very annoying experience lasting three months.

my latest theory is the internet connection issue.

my internet was having issues and the screen freeze came back.

I reset all the network settings on my ipad (under settings - reset - networksettings. ) and this is working agains so far.

If you have a website that is having log in issues, etc.. it will continuously try to connect to back up to cloud, etc... so basically apple made this thing that needs to be on perfect internet all the time. .. cart before the horse.

I got my iPad Pro 12.9in as a Christmas present and now not even a year of use and I am having the same issues. I've tried everything mentioned on this thread (with the newest version of the ios installed) and as of this morning the touch screen is still really sketchy. Losing faith in Apple products these days, my MacBook Air died shortly after the one year warranty was up (just wouldn't start one day) and now my iPad Pro's touch screen is unresponsive with occasionally crashing. At least this time, my apple product is still under warranty. I'll be bringing it to the Apple Store tomorrow to see what they have to say since it's not just me that has this issue. Therefore, they should know what the heck is going on with their products.

Let us know what they say at the Apple store!

Okey, seems on my end it was a hardware issue (I tried hardware reset, disabling iPad features, removing apps - nothing helped. It looked like it helped but then touch delays were getting back). Apple replaced the iPad and all my problems went away.

apple replaced my ipad pro 12.9 2nd Generation at end of april but since sunday i got the same problem again. here a video https://youtu.be/hQdfnMg5UWs

I like the IPad Pro but at the end I can’t work with it. Hopefully it’s just a Software problem but I can’t believe it. Here an other Video

https://youtu.be/9YMRy0GNgfE

Hi, all. iPad Pro 12.9 512 WiFi 2017 with Apple Pencil.

I’ve come here for an answer but of course didn’t found it. But then after furiously ripping off my matte screen protector (then regret it because I love drawing with that applied), restart (which didn’t do it either), this what worked for me:

- turn off Bluetooth. iPad will notify that your Bluetooth peripheral will reconnect after 24hours

- long press reboot

- after login try gestures. All seemed worked fine

- turn on Bluetooth. Plugged my Apple Pencil to reconnect

- voila. Worked just flawlessly like before. Hope this helps.

Now I’ll have to get replacement for my screen protector (sigh)

My keyboard doesn’t respond on my 12” iPad Pro when anything is touching the screen edges. I rest it on my stomach while watching tv, and if the edges touch my T-shirt, the keys don’t respond. If nothing is touching, it works fine.

This is what happens to me too! I am glad I’m not the only one who thought of this as a possible issue. It seems strange but it is very likely a possible explanation.

I had the same problem with unresponsive screen, tried everything from settings to restoring and it didn't work. What finally helped was taking off the back cover I had on it (not the smart cover) - maybe it relieved some pressure or something?

Me too, not responding from time to time, I appreciated Apple by the past because of good réponse but now it is a mess

take it to the iPhone store.

OMG it keeps on getting worse everyday

I had two pros and they all have this issue, Apple really need to investigate this!!

Yep, me too. It appears to be a hardware or software calibration failure. Apple should have a keyboard calibration app that re-calibrates the digitizer hardware and software: E.g. Touch location, touch pressure and sensitivity.

I have the same problem. Have iPad Pro 12.9” for a few months. I’m going nuts with the touch issue and feel my $800 was a very poor investment.

Questions for the group.

Does this problem occur if you’re using an iPad Pen?

Does anyone have an OtterBox protective cover, could that be the problem?

Does removing the thin clear screen protector help?

Should we start a class action suit against Apple? (just kidding)

Hi Paul,

It also happens without an Otterbox, so I doubt it is the reason for the problem. I have screen issues without a screen protector, so that also shouldn’t be the problem.

[ This message has taken three times as long to type as normal due to forced retyping of letters after intermittent unresponsive parts of my 1st gen iPad Pro screen. ]

As I said previously, I removed my iPad cover from my 12.9 iPad Pro and it’s been working almost perfectly since I did that several weeks ago. I still have my screen protector on it. Interestingly, my daughter’s iPhone 8 Plus started freezing up completely. She too removed the otter box cover she had it in and it seems to have solved her problem as well. I think there’s something about covers and screen freezes. Maybe it puts slight pressure on a certain part of the screen and makes them freeze. It, it’s pretty amazing the number of people with this problem and iPad Pro and the different solutions they’ve found to fix the problem. It’s a little bizarre.

I removed my magnetic cover. It did not help.

I have the same problem. I tried many ways to solve the problem. But then I noticed that touching the keyboard connector aggravates the problem. I carefully cleaned the connector with alcohol and fleece. For the second day I notice that hangs are less by 90%, unfortunately they still are.

Cleaned the magnetic keyboard connector with isoproply alcohol. No improvement.

Good evening, I once had a similar situation, at work a new program for business CRM was installed https://closer.bot/why-do-businesses-nee... and such tricks started to happen with the screen, the program was to blame , and then called the master and he said that you need to give in to repair. So contact the service of repairing laptops.

I have the same issue, already been through the Apple Store who of course could not reproduce it. They eventually agreed to replace it on the second visit after I did the reset back to factory which made no difference.

that was 2 months ago and now this one is the same, typing is nearly impossible screen becomes randomly unresponsive often it’s just an awful experience.

I may sell it and just cut my losses as can’t be bothered to keep fighting this thing that should be working.

Try iOS 12 it's better, may not guaranteed the result but some issues disappeared.

Cross your fingers, but I downloaded the new IOS 12.0 update a couple hours ago and POOF, all my issues with missed or double-tapped characters seem to have disappeared! I can type, swipe and tap to my hearts content, and (so far) everything is exactly as it should be! So I guess the hardware/software question is answered! I was prepared to eBay my iPad Pro 12.9 in, 2nd edition, and pay up for a new one (which DIDN’T get released last week

I wish to have that. Mine still appear but a lot lesser and better.

I noticed that my touch screen will stop responding only after I recently wake my iPad. I think it has something to do with the accelerometer because if I am using it, holding it steady (after unlocking) , and then tilt the iPad slightly, the touch screen locks up. Another way to reproduce the issue is to rest the iPad on its back with one hand like a serving tray and tapping with the other. This leads to intermittent touch issues. The problem passes after several seconds. Though it last long enough that I can sleep, then wake the iPad with continued unresponsive screen. If you leave the iPad in a steady position, the problem doesn’t occur until I pick the iPad up to use it. After the initial freeze, it doesn’t freeze until it is put into sleep mode and awoken back up. Another way to cause the problem to lay the iPad flat down and at sleep, unlock iPad while remaining flat, use the touch screen, then pickup the iPad and hold it in your hands and try to use the iPad then. This is when the touchscreen fails on me.

Changing the angle of the iPad causes the freezing (on my iPad).

Mr. Hymn will be eternally grateful.