Compass and Auto-Rotate malfunction after screen replacement

Hey there,

Yesterday replaced my cracked screen and all went well except one thing, when I boot for the first time noticed that the screen won't "raise to wake" and I started searching for solutions, found out that my motion sensor won't work (auto rotate doesn't work) and my compass is stuck at 0º.

I am writing to you in hope that you have a solution, all the other iPhone functions like front facing camera and proximity sensor are working fine. Sporadically the screen wakes when I lift my phone but it happens 1 time in 100..

Help is much appreciated

Artur Amaral

SOLVED

Checked if the flex shield was the problem and the rotation was working with it, when I was closing the phone installed the battery conector shield and that was the problem, without the shield the compass is working fine!

Thank you for your help

Problems have returned..

Shacky icons all the time, shaky video capturing, leveller always moving, raise to wake working inconsistently

After a hard reboot all is okay.. few minutes later the problem returns..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUc3GV...

These are some videos explaining what is happening, I'm getting tired of this problem..

Most Helpful Answer

I would take it back apart and check all of your connections I seems that your accelerometer isn't working. Its soldered on the motherboard so it can't be unplugged, but if some of your cables are loose or bent it can cause some strange problems like this.

Thank you for your answer, already done that, checked all connections and all seems fine.. even changed the power button flex and the front camera flex with brand new.. things to do is clean the motherboard with alcohol and check if this problem happens with no screws holding the plate that secures all the flex in place..

I don't know if the motherboard can be magnetised or if there is a problem with the screws being magnetised.. I used a magnetic screw driver..

I use magnetic screw drivers every day on them and never had a problem. Also one more thing I would check is that the shield that all the connectors are under is not on too tight. I've also seen this cause some problems. This is a strange problem though.

Try just plugging in the cables without the bracket, and leave the home button and proximity cables unplugged. If it still doesn’t work, try the old screen. Maybe it has a manufacturing defect.

Already tried a complete new screen with all the sensores new and had no luck..

No, with the old screen. The original, OEM screen can sometimes solve problems because the aftermarket ones aren’t as high quality as they say they are.

This problem started with the original screen

I have seen this in some phones, they often have a non magnitised Screw/Standoff near compass, Also was the heat sheild stored near magnets and perhaps magnetised?

I don't know if there is a non magnetised but yes, the shield can be magnetised by the screw driver. Without it the compass is working fine

Problems have returned..

Artur Amaral will be eternally grateful.