The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

Keyboard doesnt show up after reboot

Hi.

Recently my S7 edge rebooted , us you all know ,with samsung you have to put the password to unlock the screen . But weirdly when I put my finger in the password area , the keyboard doesnt show up . Moreover the mobile keep rebooting and heating until loss of all battery epower .

Any clue ?

hi Nabil, how did you solve this issue eventually? I got exact same issue with my S7 edge and have no idea what to do next now. Clearing cache memory task via Volume up + home + power button doesnt help. Thanks.

Well your phone seem to be bricked, if you don't have sensitive data/ will to loose your data, then your hold volume+, home button and power at the sametime and release the power immediately the power comes on, wait to see android logo with options, the use vol-/+ to navigate and power button to select/action and factory reset, note that if frp is on, you need to enter your previous account signed to that enables anti-theft, either google/samsung frp, and in other hand if you can't afford to loose your data then flash 1file firmware, or if 4files just flash the AP/Code.

Any way to put airplane mode to OFF .

This happened to my wife's S7 edge phone too, with the phone getting warm and kept rebooting periodically. Here's a couple of things to try without having to perform a factory reset and losing your data.

1. Plug in a USB keyboard (using a Micro USB adapter) to enter your password.

2. Restart the phone in recovery mode and wipe the cache partition

Turn off the device, Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time, When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later. Release all of the keys. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition." Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.

3. Plug it into a desktop and attempt to make an "112" emergency call. For some reason, plugging it into a desktop makes a difference.

Option 2 didn't work for me and as I didn't have a Micro USB adapter/keyboard on hand, I tried Option 3 and that finally worked to bring the keyboard back and getting back into the phone.

Once you're back into the phone, look for any 3rd party keyboards that's been installed (e.g. Swiftkey) and remove it. This looks like an issue that when the phone restarts requesting for a password, it's unable to bring up the 3rd party keyboard or switch to the default Samsung keyboard.

Nabil M will be eternally grateful.