Can a disabled iPhone connect to wifi?

I forgot my iPhone password the other day and accidentally disabled it, so I went to iCloud and selected 'find iPhone' and erased it, but it said that it will only be erased once it connects to wifi. What do I do?

Lets backup here a bit... Do you have your iPhone now? If you do you can still recover things if you connect it directly to your computer if you have a local backup.

Here's a good Apple T/N that explains things: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you forgot your Apple ID follow this Apple T/N: If you forgot your Apple ID password

jesslyn will be eternally grateful.