The third iteration of Lenovo's Yoga line of notebooks, similar in design and hardware to its predecessors. Designated by model number 80HE000DUS.

Lenovo Logo remains stuck and won't boot

lenovo yoga 3 pro 2-in1 convertible laptop has been stuck with the lenovo logo on a screen.. the power works fine when to turn off/turn on, but nothing else works.. i tried to do a recovery but the tiny button won't boot and any key buttons won't boot either.. have a flash drive that i already inserted and nothing's succeed not even boot.. i contacted a lenovo support whom i paid for and failed.. it happened after my granddaughter installed sims 4 with large MB/GB (i suspect it used up the memory ram and nothing's left on to boot up) and played the game for a little while then it happened and won't work since.. otherwise any idea why's that a problem with the laptop?

I had a similar іѕѕuе, My Lenovo laptop could’nt turn on or enter BIOS boot menu.

Finally I managed tо rеѕоlvе thе problem.

Follow thіѕ guide here: http://bit.ly/LenovoBootFix

Hоре thіѕ helps

months ago i've had done it to call Lenovo Support thru the relay service and a guy advised me to do this and that is what i did the same and no luck.. i paid him for nothing, so not gonna do it again.. the lenovo laptop's been sitting in the basement at my daughter's house ever since since it belongs to my granddaughter.. now, my hp desktop (all-in-one) is in trouble (will post it asap) with a new subject..

I had the same experience the previous day, i tried removing the battery method, it did work but the problem still was persisting on the next restart ; same issue was continuing. so i tried the traditional method of switching off and praying for the computer to work, but hours passed no results. then i thought , before this issue i had a problem on the mousepad not working or got stuck, so i pressed the f8 key in the keyboard which stand for "nullifing the mousepad" to disable it. then the mouse pad started working. so i pressed the f8 key two times, then there came a menu showing automatic repair, i choose to restart them . after restart same problem came back again, then i tried my previous method of pressing the f8 button two times, the loading symbol was shown and my computer worked.

i don' t know it was due to my prayer or my luck of trying this new method. but it worked and that matters.

my granddaughter's laptop's been sitting somewhere in the basement since she has a hp laptop.. and i will work on it to try getting it fixed later..

thanks for your advice..

Most Helpful Answer

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I have a Lenovo ideapad 310 and the keyboard suddenly just stopped working - when I shut it down, it would not boot, just a black screen with Lenovo logo and endless circle animation. Hitting F8 key got me to recovery menu but even that just hung with the circle animation.

Reading many posts alerted me to the fact that there was a hardware reset hole which you can use to access bios (on mine, close to earphone jack -others describe close to power jack). I pushed a paperclip in while powering on - leads to text menu >> select BIOS then Boot options. "Fast boot" was enabled - I disabled it, saved and rebooted ... it took a little while but came back into Windows as normal!

Time to back up this piece of crap

hello...How long did the rebooting take?

hi....forever and gave up due to a high cost to fix.. for this reason already bought a brand new hp laptop with no problem so far..

My Lenovo crashed today. I am trying the above fix. Also comes up with message that problem is being fixed.

Fix has worked. Thanks for your help.

Still problems. Called my tech guy and we believe it is a windows 10 problem. Trying to do a system restore back to a previous critical update.

Try turning the laptop off by holding the power button down until the laptop shuts off. Wait a few seconds and then turn the laptop on, press Enter and then F12 when you see the Lenovo splash screen. This should give you the options to try a different boot source.

You should complain to Lenovo about paying for help that did not help. It is possible that having Sims 4 installed may have used up a lot of disk space, but the laptop should at least move past the Lenovo splash screen.

did that before and just tried it again and still no luck.. still the same problem as everything else ive tried.. nothing's succeed in more than 3 weeks before i decided to post here and the 2nd time now.. another problem that i didnt realize before.. when plugged in, waited 15 minutes and the battery indicator shows no amber blinking (only solid white stays on) as i leave the lid open as lenovo logo stucks or stays on.. i now unplug it when to leave the lid open and each solid white on both power and battery indicators stay on as same as lenovo logo with no blinking indicators.. the power light (solid white) is not blinking as before..

for the battery indicator that i close the cover (lid) that shows is on but no amber blinking at all when plugged in.. no change whatsoever.. so, it's hard to tell whether it needs charge or it's fully charged.. btw, it's so possible that sims 4 used up all the disk space that impossibly boots up ever since.. think i should get a part replacement to switch memory ram or...?

The problem sounds like a motherboard issue which could be a hardware failure or the BIOS is corrupted. One way to test is to remove all the memory sticks and turn the laptop on, it should give an error code in the form of beeping or LED light pattern. An error means motherboard is good.

The boot sequence starts with power then quick hardware checks (the lights on the keyboard blink is one check). The backlight should turn on then the logo splash screen appears. On Lenovo, this is the point where hitting enter will bring up a menu to go into BIOS or alternate boot. Since it is not continuing to boot means there is a break in the boot sequence which may be caused by corrupted firmware.

The hard drive may be full but it has a good probability that it is good. You can use an external drive kit to connect the hard drive to another computer to copy your data files.

i tried everything and one of your suggestions i already did and still nothing's succeed.. it's so pathetic, altho, the hardware's no good.. we gave up and got a new laptop (not lenovo).. i will take the lenovo laptop to have it repaired later on.. i'm aware it's expensive to fix..

I've seen this with docking stations plugged into them a few times. Guessing you've tried unplugging everything, though.

even the motherboard's burned out? altho, the power still works only when turned on but the rotating circle takes forever as it's stuck.. how about the port replicator or should i try a docking station first?

just let me know whatever..

I was having stability problems and a memory issue that started very abruptly while surfing . The yoga 3 pro (about 2 years old) would subsequently not complete it's boot sequence. Tried reloading Windows with same behavior.

I ran a diagnostic that would sometimes log a memory fault, but not consistently. I decided that my motherboard(mb) was gone also; but when I opened the back to check the mb part number I decided to lift the fan and heat pipe.

The heat pipe sits on top of the memory, you have to loosen/ remove all 5 screws on the fan-heat pipe assembly and carefully pivot rotate the fan so as not to damage the cable from the fan to the board near the edge of the motherboard. The 3 screws on the heat pipe will stay in the mounting bracket, the 2 fan screws can be removed.

After I pivoted the fan-heat pipe I found that the gray conductive paste under the heat pipe was was all squeezed out from the memory surface (there are 2 IC's, one square and one rectangular). There was a lot of paste on the heat pipe and the PCB board where these 2 IC's are mounted but very little left where the heat pipe lies on the surface of the IC's. The memory was not being cooled adequately.

I cleaned both the heat pipe surface and the memory module using cotton swabs and isopropal alcohol (70% rubbing alcohol from the drugstore), it takes a few minutes and some light friction to get the old paste off both surfaces. Let the area dry thoroughly.

I then reapplied some silver conductive heatsink paste (you can probably get this at best buy or similar store selling computer supplies ( https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...).

Use this paste sparingly, you will only need one dot on the square IC and 2 dots on the rectangle. Then rotate the fan-heat pipe assembly back to the installed position and tighten the screws on the heat pipe and refasten the 2 fan screws. Take care not to smear the paste while doing this; tightening the screws will squeeze the paste between the heat pipe and IC's to get good coverage to allow the paste to conduct the heat to the heat-pipe.

I suspect that during the original assembly too much paste was used, or even that the paste was allowed to dry out (or both, there was paste all over mine). It worked ok for a couple years but through moving the laptop around the heat pipe lost its contact with the paste and memory chips and the memory was getting to hot to work properly. I think also that silver conductive paste used on CPU heatsinks is better than the stuff used for the original assembly.

My Yoga 3 Pro is now running stably with faster performance and somewhat better battery life. If your problem is similar it is a pretty inexpensive and quick action you can do without having to take the computer to a service person. You will need a very small torx and philips screw driver to remove the screws. Check out YouTube videos for mb replacement to provide some visual guidance.

I need help! My system frieze and I turned it off by pressing down the power button. Since then my ideapad 110 has not boot into the OS. What should I do to make it work? This problem has lingered for two weeks now.

Hi, this is the first time to post here as an answer of mine. you may update your bios. if the problem still exist then replace the BIOS including EC ROM.

jestme will be eternally grateful.