Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Top half of screen darkened

My HD75 - UN75F7100 top half of my screen has begun to darken.. I have uploaded/updated software and did a complete reset... but still the upper half of the screen has this darkened area completely across the top and approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen... serial number is Z7MS3CADA01667D

This is what screen looks like

Is it a darker area, or is there a thick black bar at the top of the display?

There is a black bar that I can see through but causing the top half of the screen to be darker than the bottom half..

Called Samsung and they ran diagnostics remotely and said it was not software issues, but hardware... talked with the electronic service rep and he believes it's the screen and it would be close to $2000 to have it fixed..

So what do you think is it hardware/screen or ?

Thanks... after talking with a company service tech... he basically said the same thing... and me not being someone who wants to tackle something of this nature on my own.. and his

statement that I would have to replace the LCD panel and that cost being close to what a new one would be... we decided to go with a new one. But I totally appreciate the replies... and you have been very helpful.... one final question.. I have purchased a Samsung 8000 QLED series but besides the 1 year factory warranty, can any other factory service agreements be purchased from Samsung?

Again thanks

Back to the un75F7100 same problem with mine and its only 2 yrs old, I purchased an extended warranty from Frys and gonna check with them this week about having it fixed hopefully they will honor the 4 year extented warranty. If you are interested to know what happens post a comment and i will follow up Thanks

Tony Sinclair that looks more like a bad LED backlight strip. For that you will have to disassemble your TV and the LCD panel. Not a fun thing to do but possible. Of curse you do want to check all the wiring specifically the wiring on the power board. Post some images of your boards and the data label on your LCD panel. Post those with your question. Here is the guide for that Adding images to an existing question It will let us see what you see.

Tony Sinclair will be eternally grateful.