Sony Xperia Z5 features with 5.2 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels display and is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor alongside 3GB RAM and 23 MP rear camera.

Cameras and the Flash Don't Work

I've been facing this issue for months now, Whenever I tap camera app or any other third party camera app like snapchat, candycamera or camera in the whatsapp or facebook or instagram, the system hangs for 5-10 seconds and the respective app crashes and there's no cameras and no flash. When I ran the system diagnostics using *#*#7378423#*#* the rear camera diagnostic also gave the same black screen and gave a message that the camera not connected whereas the flash test said that the flash should be on whereas it wasn't and finally the front camera diagnostic crashed the system diagnostic tool completely. Now any advises on which camera should I get replaced?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

nah! The main problem is your hardware. Which is the camera switch UNPLUGGED. So u just need plugged it back.

Hey Syafiq, so the camera replacement isn't needed? Can you please share the replacement part needed to be replaced.

No need replacement . Just ask them to PLUGGED it back the switch between camera and motherboard or something like that ☺.

Hello Syafiq. I just need to clarify, when you say plug the camera back, did you mean having the phone opened physically and fix the mechanical parts of it?

I have the same issue with my Sony Xperia XZ premium. I was tole by Sony Support that the problem was a software update, well now I have Android ver 9, the same issue. No flashlight or camera detected.

I tried replacing the camera on my z5 premium but both cameras and flashlight still not working, any help will be appreciated

Have the same problem with an Z5 compact and my Camera is plugged in (I plugged it in and off serveral times, didn’t help). I assume its something with the mainboard, because it seems very unlikely that flash front- and rear-camera brake at the same time…

For me, on Xperia E5 worked to reinstall/flash/xperia-software-repair it and after that unplug the camera and plug it back in, but after a while it stopped again, after installation of few simple apps (facebook, messenger, whatsup,viber). Shows “unfortunately camera has stopped”and shut’s down the camera app. Only front camera works and it’s upside-down. Tried to unplug and plug the camera back, again same problem. Maybe I need to install software again, but then the thing is that the problem is in the software.

Muhammad Ali will be eternally grateful.