Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Dock connector form iPhone 4S compatible?

Something just happened with my iPhone 4 and the dock connector is no longer working. I have a spare parts from a couple iPhone 4Ss and both have working dock connectors. I've tried plugging them into the iPhone 4 MoBo and the MoBo connector seems to fit, so I'm guessing that standart did not change. I was reluctand to plug it in to an outlet as I was scared of a possible pin mismatch and frying something. Has anyone tried the 30pin dock connector from 4S on an iPhone 4?

P.S.

I'm short on cash at the moment - would like to avoid purchasing anything besides food. Otherwise I'd just go to a shop and buy a part.

Maxim the flex cable is different and thus it will not be a proper fit. The connectors and pin layout should be the same. The speaker will not properly fit but if you can file it down a bit you may get it to work. I'd go ahead and spend the $2USD on ebay and buy one that fits.

Maxim will be eternally grateful.