Dropping oil pan help
How do you drop the oil pain in a 2005 chevy equinox AWD
Is this a good question?
mabryhop that looks like a pretty big job. Here is the way the manual describes it:
OIL PAN REPLACEMENT
J 39505 Torque Wrench Adapter. See Special Tools.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure in Engine Electrical.
2. Install the engine support fixture. Refer to Engine Support Fixture.
3. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
4. Remove the air conditioning compressor mounting bracket. Refer to Compressor Mounting Bracket Replacement in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
5. Remove the engine-to-transaxle brace bolts (1, 2).
6. Remove the engine-to-transaxle brace (3).
7. Remove the starter. Refer to Starter Motor Replacement in Engine Electrical.
8. If equipped with all wheel drive (AWD), remove the transfer case. Refer to Transfer Case Replacement in Transfer Case - NVG 900.
9. If equipped with front wheel drive (FWD), remove the intermediate shaft. Refer to Intermediate Shaft Replacement (L61) or Intermediate Shaft Replacement (L66) in Wheel Drive Shafts.
10. Drain the engine oil and remove the oil filter. Refer to Engine Oil and Oil Filter Replacement.
11. Remove the oil pan side bolts.
12. Remove the oil pan sealing surface bolts.
13. Remove the oil pan.
14. Clean the oil pan and the engine block gasket surface.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 16
Past 7 Days: 66
Past 30 Days: 258
All Time: 734