How to solve Multi-page feed error during Duplex Printing?

I am having problems duplex printing with Epson L380 model. After each page is printed, it says "Multi-page feed error", then I have to manually press the copy button to get it to print again. I have to print 200-300 pages at once, so this is really inconvenient.

I don't think there is any issue with the hardware because its printing single pages without any problem, just the duplex printing is causing problems.

I want to add to this... I am also having problem with the odd page/even page printing. Every 15 pages or so later, the printer will skip a page, thus completely disturbing the page sequence. The vendor has not been able to give any solution. Wrote to Epson, got no reply yet (it has been two weeks).

This problem is occurring in Foxit PDF reader as well as MS Word, making the printer practically useless to me.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I can. But it baffles me that my new printer would not be able I do this basic function without problems.

Most Helpful Answer

Set the page type to envelope. It's how I solved my duplex printing "Multi-page feed error" problem. I don't need to stand by the printer to press the copy button after each page any more. Hope this can solve your problem

my problem solved!!! thanks for the tips

Hi, is it possible to print all the odd pages then all even ones? Then you would only have to flip them. It's a work around, but I have to do this at work from time to time..

Hi SUZaman, it sounds like you have it on the wrong setting for Duplex Printing. Looks like you have it on Multi-Page printing instead of Double Sided printing which is a common error people make. Try setting it on Double-Sided Printing and you should be ok. I hope this helps and please let us know, Thanks, John

Sorry for the delay in reply. No, I didn't use Multi-page printing setting, I used "2-sided printing" setting and set "manual (flip on long edge)".

S U Zaman will be eternally grateful.