Released Mid-1995, the Nintendo Virtual Boy was a single player 3D 32 bit gaming console.

Left eye keeps glitching

The only problem I have with my virtual boy is that the left eye keeps glitching out, the right doesn't glitch at all, it's only the left one. Please help!

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, Nintendo cheaped out when it came to the VB. The ribbon cables that connect the motherboard to the display LED board isn't soldered; they're GLUED. So even with old new stock VBs, the glue will degrade and relax the pressure, losing connectivity.

It is possible, though not for the faint of heart, to open the VB, remove the glue, scrape away a bit of the ribbon cable to reveal the metal traces, and solder those traces to the LED board. This is a permanent fix, too - unless you screwed something up, you'll never have to worry about the display glitching again...well, for connectivity issues.

TheButtercool will be eternally grateful.