Repair and disassembly guides for Brother printers.

Will not power up

Purchase Brother HL-6180DW in 2013, it's been sitting idol, unplugged, over a year. Another older printer went out, so I wanted to replace it with this one. When plugged in, it did power up. But then had to download drivers on the computer to use it, so turned it off. Tried to turn back on, but will not power up again. Tried several outlets and even changed power cords. I think it may be a blown internal fuse. Any suggestions? If a fuse, where is it located to replace it and where can I get one?

Anything happening at all when you plug it in and turn it on? Any lights or fans or just nothing at all.

Also, does the socket on the machine where you connect the power cord look ok and clean? I've been told that they can get oxidized after a while.. Doesn't explain turning on initially.

Most Helpful Answer

cdtarp looks like there are three fuses on the "Low Voltage Power Supply". That is the board where your printer plugs into the AC power. It is called the LVPS since it converts your AC voltage to ~24 V. I do not have the schematic for the power supply so we will rely on you posting some good images of the power supply with your question. For that use this guide. It will allow us to see what you see and hopefully assist you with troubleshooting your board.

cdtarp will be eternally grateful.