Starter replacement or other problem

I went to get into my jeep yesterday and the engine tries to start but does not turn on. When I turn the key I hear a buzzing type noise which is coming from my fuel tank. So I'm assuming that noise is my fuel pump. When I try to start the car the lights inside also dim a little bit.

I tried to clean the battery terminal connectors and when I disconnected them the first time nothing would happen. The car wouldn't even try to start. I had to jump the battery and then it would at least try but not turn over. When I use my multimeter to test the battery it comes up as 12.3 V.

Does this sound like a starter? If so, how the heck do you get to it? I believe I found it but it is in a ridiculous spot. I have pictures if anyone needs them!!

So come to find out that the issue was no spark, and anyone who has this issue could also check the ASD (auto shut down). I had a fault on that and there is a bunch of relays hidden near the bottom of the car near the front bumper. In order to get to them I had to take the driver side wheel off and the wheel well. The ASD relay was rotted off which prevented the car from starting correctly.

I have a 2012 Jeep Compass and found if you go on the Jeep webpage, you will find a similar forum as this with some solutions to problems.

Jetlabb will be eternally grateful.