How to fix my K20 plus cracked screen?

I dropped my new LG K20 Plus and the screen shattered.

How can I get it fixed?

Where to buy a screen?

What all parts do I need to buy?

Can I do the labor myself?

Do I need special tools?

If I can't fix it myself, where can I send it and how much will it cost?

Can i fix it myself. And what all has to be replaced

Most Helpful Answer

Created this repair video just because I seen this thread. https://youtu.be/59ZarYHPPrE

Dude you are awesome! This is the process right here folks! I watched to confirm.

I also have the same problem. This is my second LG K20 Plus phone and the screens on both broke with on a month of my purchasing them. The first time it slid off my bedside nightstand and shattered when it hit the floor (a drop of about 2.5 feet) and the second I simply had the phone in my pocket with nothing else in the pocket yet the pressure from my leg was enough to crack the screen.

My honest guess is the plastic body of the phone is too thin and so the phone body flexes cracking the screen. This is simply a poorly designed phone. Avoid it.

Replacement glass screen available here while the how to video can be found on youtube

https://m.ebay.com/itm/332318337221?_trk...

Yeah so I call BS to the "you can find the teardown video on YouTube" I have scoured the internet and can't find a single tut/video on this phone..

Ì agree. I found 1 on YouTube. But it was like he was working on a different phone. All of HIS components just came right out, they weren't affixed down like all of mine were. After he pulled off the last component he says, ok so there you go. Now just put it back together in the opposite order that you took it apart!! I was like, wtf??? What about my cracked screen?

Yeah agreed. The 1 video on YouTube is for a different model, which is why the phone was different. I actually figured out that all those holes on the back where it looks like you are to pry up the back are misleading. The entire bezel is attached to the back casing so after you take out the battery and all of the screws the bezel comes off next, not the back casing only.. Hope that helps! If I ever have to do it again I will make a video and post to YouTube.

Cracked screen for LG K20 how much does it cost

I don't know if you have found your solution, or checked out the helpful vid posted here in the comments, but a lot of the LG repairs I've noticed that most LG smartphones tear down similar to each other. So you can look at another tear down of a similar LG phone and it should be along the same lines. Hope this helps! :)

Perryinjax will be eternally grateful.