iPhone 3G

Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Battery died and the phone no longer charges

Hi

Background

I opened my phone for a quick look after I had dropped it. cable 2 came out and during my attempts to clip it back in it sort of half-broke the clip.

Problem

when I connect the phone to the PC or to the wall connector it does not charge. When I hold the on button after 3 secs it comes up with the battery sign but underneath it has a plug sign pointing to an electricity sign, which I assume means I need to charge the battery because it is dead.

Not sure where to go from here.

Any advice.

Nice question. + for detail.

by Alex Jansen

Most Helpful Answer

Does anything happen when you plug in the phone? Does the screen light up at all? If it doesn't I think you have a dock connector issue. If it does, you may have a battery or a logic board issue. Unfortunately the logic boards cannot be replaced.

adel will be eternally grateful.