1

adel
13

Battery died and the phone no longer charges

Hi

Background

I opened my phone for a quick look after I had dropped it. cable 2 came out and during my attempts to clip it back in it sort of half-broke the clip.

Problem

when I connect the phone to the PC or to the wall connector it does not charge. When I hold the on button after 3 secs it comes up with the battery sign but underneath it has a plug sign pointing to an electricity sign, which I assume means I need to charge the battery because it is dead.

Not sure where to go from here.

Any advice.

Nice question. + for detail.

Alex Jansen,

1

Alex Jansen

Does anything happen when you plug in the phone? Does the screen light up at all? If it doesn't I think you have a dock connector issue. If it does, you may have a battery or a logic board issue. Unfortunately the logic boards cannot be replaced.

iPhone 3G Replacement Battery

Replacement battery for iPhone 3G. Compatible with all iPhone 3G models. Does not require soldering. — 9 available at 14.95 each.

iPhone 3G Dock Connector

Replace a damaged docking port — 5 available at 9.95 each.