Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

How to re-install XBox one OS.

I know about the video in the guide for replacing the HDD, but I need to know how the Pro's (@tronicsfix and @tomchai, I'm looking at you) do it, preferably in windows. I have a new HDD for an new xbox one, and my old one from my personal One. Thank you.

There is a YT video that explains how to put the Startup screen graphics back up.. but it involves copying the file onto the drive, so it might have to be pulled again (but it's just another 10mins work).

P.

I don't have a video on it. This is the best video that I know of for this fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaKVBo3k...

Alright, I guess a video will do. Thanks!

Slap in a new drive, copy a recent Xbox OS onto a thumb drive, plug it in, hold the Bind and Eject button, and then Power button, listen for the beeps and follow the on screen instructions. the Restore Factory Settings zip file you have to get off the MS page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...

For Xbox One just add external drive. Replacing the internal drive is way too much hassle, does not save money and no guarantee it will work in the future.

I mean I'm replacing a bad internal drive, on a cheap xbox I bought.

I can't guarantee anything but it is likely that the board and content on the drive are paired together or at least version paired. Xbox One was never designed to let users boot from a generic drive image and initialise itself so very low chance of that working, Most times you just get E200 error.

If you insist, try download drive dumps from other users that are willing to help or from another junk xbox, preferably try multiple OS versions, see if it boots. If it did not boot don't just try another dump, see if USB system update works and lets you reinitialise the console.

I actually never attempted messing with the Xbox HDD, I don't have junk consoles around to toy with and I don't want to mess up a good xbox.

No, I know there not paired. It's not as simple as that, either. I have my own Xbox, it started with E200 and all I had to do was scan and repair it in Windows. I've tried cloning it but that doesn't work. Guess I'll have to wait for @tronicsfix to sign on. Thanks anyway.

Maybe it's not individually paired but board firmware version has to match with OS version, or it's simply that existing personalized files from another console has to be deleted, thus the console reverts to factory mode and generates new files again. If the console does not do this on its own maybe forcing a USB system update will convince it.

Anyway I'll see where this is going, I'm waiting for the expert's idea as well.

I really wish people would not just make stuff up.. if you dont know, dont answer! hardware is not paired, nor indexed, or mated or anything.. slap in a new drive, copy a recent Xbox OS onto a thumb drive, plug it in, hold the Bind and Eject button, and then Power button, listen for the beeps and follow the on screen instructions. the Restore Factory Settings zip file you have to get off the MS page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...

1 hour ago by pahvasta

I had my internal Hdd go bad , my tech guy swapped the hdd for a new one , did a couple off stuff on his pc and run the latest os update with a flash, and voala . The new hdd is readable . The only issue now is my console dosent have the xbox start up .it shows a blank screen and opens to the home page

George A. will be eternally grateful.