Toyota's fifth generation Pickup

How do I fix a loose transmission shifter?

How do I fix a loose transmission shifter? Thank you

JEB

@jebstewart what year? what model? what transmission? Where is it loose?

Sorry. My question was about a 92 Toyota with a loose shifter and wether I could fix it from inside the cab

Thank you

Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your GMC problem.

Set the park brake and move the shifter to the Park position. Then go under the drivers side of the vehicle and look at the side of the transmission. There you will see the shift lever with the cable end detached. Move the shift lever all the way forward, then snap the cable end back into place. This should allow you to start the vehicle and then shift into gear to drive the vehicle home. This will not be a lasting repair, expect the cable end to come loose again. For a lasting repair, either replace the shift cable, or install a low cost cable end repair kit

Score -2

@albert963 if you are lifting answer from "justanswer" at least edit it. Make sure that you drop the first line. total give-away. After that you want to make sure that you get an answer that is for the device (or in this case vehicle) in question. Yours is for a GMC and lastly, you do want to give credit for that answer......not good kid, not good at all. No integrity!

JEB will be eternally grateful.