This is a touch-screen controller associated with the Wii U video game console. It was released on November 18th, 2012, and available in black or white. Model number: WUP-010(USA)

region lock location on the motherboard

Hello ifixit community,

here is my problem;

I have a working motherboard with the wrong region and another one with a broken DRC-WUP graphic chip with the right region. I just want to solder the chip where the region lock is located to the working motherboard.

can someone tell me, where the region lock is located on the wii u gamepad motherboard?

Thanks for helping,

rgds Thomas

Most Helpful Answer

I can’t confirm that.. I bought USA region mother board and took that chip from old board. Still wrong region gamepad. But.. I can’t be 100% sure that broken motherboard was EU region like my test console.

I found it out mysef. You just have to replace the U10 Micron 25Q256A 256 Mb Serial Flash with your original. Then you can use a motherboard with different region

Hi! You're gamepad is working??

Hannah Thomas will be eternally grateful.