Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

yellow screen on restoring with error no 28

i m trying to restore my iphone 3gs with 4.2.1 custom firmware. my baseband is 6.15 of ipad. i m not able to restore its give me error no 28. i tried every thing but not restoring.

pls pls pls help me.

thank u so much... but i did everything which u said.. but still not getting result..

so i search on internet and its said.. deassemble iphone , disconnect battery and the try to restore.. i did and u know i have done it.. now i phone working nice.. ...

THANKS FOR RESPONSE... I APPRECIATE IT.

Most Helpful Answer

Ashraf try this first. Try DFU Mode to restore Iphone.

To enter DFU Mode:

- Quit iTunes;

- Connect your phone to the computer;

- Turn off your phone;

- Hold Power and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds;

- Release the Power button but continue to hold Home until the computer displays a new USB-device. That may not happen - in this case, hold the Home for 20-30 seconds;

- The phone's screen will not be included in DFU Mode, do not wait;

- Open iTunes and follow the above instructions for flashing. Screen phone may appear white - this is normal.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-... and http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.p... give you some information

If this does not work for you then you may just have a a bad dock connector on the iPhone. In general I believe that error 28 is considered a hardware error.

You Must replace it. Good luck to you.

Ashraf will be eternally grateful.