How do I hook up to my 55 inch older tv?

I have S-video plug on my 55 inch older Toshiba and want to watch movies from Net Flicxs from my HP lap top Pavilion computer, what do I use for a cable?

Toshiba 55"..HP Pavilion 1150us G series

What model is your tv and what model is your laptop. You might have other ports on the back of the TV that will work with no adapters.

@mrsandiego you still did not tell us what model your TV is. Anyhow you are wanting to connect the S-video to the computer and the TV, so I assume that your TV at least has a S-video connection. Your HP Notebook seems to use a HDMI port as well as a VGA port. Check to see if your TV has that connector. If it does, get a VGA cable and simply connect it from your Notebook to your TV.

If your TV does not have a VGA port, you will need a HDMI-to-S-Video adapter. Of course, if your TV has RCA input you can simply purchase a HDMI-RCA video cable.

Looks like that laptop has a VGA and HDMI port, both of which are widely used in TVs. I can't say if your TV has either as I don't have the model, but if your TV doesn't have a VGA or HDMI port, you will need a VGA to S-Video adapter.

Hope this helps!

AlBERT will be eternally grateful.