Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Why isn't my home button working, or my Touch ID working?

Before I begin to explain the situation, let me state that I have not had a screen replacement, and got this phone in December. 'Okay, so basically, I was taking a test yesterday, and fully powered off my phone. When I turned it back on, a message saying "unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone" came up, and the home button is unclimbable. I have looked in the settings, and resetting my fingerprints is not a option as they are no longer there. I did not drop my phone that day or anything to possibly damage it.

How do you resolve the problem? Please share solution.

Since your iPhone was bought in december and it has less than one year just go to nearest Apple Store / Apple Authorized Service Provider and repair it for free since is still under warranty (in Europe the minimum warranty is 1 year from Apple, don't know about the warranties in other places).

If you don't have one near you you can send it to them here is a form

I'll try this weekend, thank you

I agree. Besides, if the Home Button turns out to be defective, they cannot be repaired (except maybe in China) and cannot be replaced with an aftermarket button.

I have found tutorials on youtube which shows that the fix you've mentioned is possible. You don't need to send it Chine for the repair :)

I would first suggest a hard boot.

If you can, try holding down the home button and power button at the same time until your phone powers down.

Keep holding until you see the apple logo, at which point you can release.

If this doesn't work because your home button doesnt work, we will find some other way.

I have tried that a few times. Luckily, the iPhone 7 can be hard rebooted using the volume buttons and the power button.

Ok. Well Im not an expert on this sorry. Maybe @refectio could help

No problem, all help is appreciated and welcomed

I have tried to reset many times but problem stil persist, I bet it is a hardware issue :(

My phone won't reboot, do you have any further idea what to do?

Repair the button if someone can connect the wire to home button again.

Thomas Waller will be eternally grateful.