Pavilion dv1000, Intel Pentium M 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB hard drive

Getting in my computer that I forgot the password

I forgot the password under my name

What version of windows do you have?

Can you get into safe mode to look at the administrator options ?

id suggest finding or developing whats known as a rainbow table.

This cycles through passwords one after the other until if finds the right one. you will need a programmer to make you one, and they are not cheap.

Newer Versions of windows, (7 and up) have a limit to how many passwords you can attempt, so if you want to use the PC again, you will likely have to format the device, and reinstall windows.

This isnt a great idea. There is a much easier AND FREE way of bypassing the password completely. I just need to know which os the OP has and i can get that guide.

fair enough. i made my own, so it was free and easy, but i suppose if you do have a guide, it would be great. do you mind posting one for windows 7 and 10 as well so i could learn? i always like to increase my knowledge

There is a program called "ntpasswd" it wipes any users password, admin or not, on Windows NT and up. You just need another computer to burn the program to a flashdrive or cd and boot it up like any OS. I've used it many times on computers that people wanted me to fix, but forgot their passwords.

It is terminal/command line based but fairly straight forward and easy to understand.

bingobug61 will be eternally grateful.