Parts & Tools

home button not working after battery replacement?

Hey guys i just changed my battery on my iphone 6s and my home button stopped working? i unplugged the ribbon cables everywhere and plugged them back in and nothing my home button still does not work. any ideas ?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

If you dont make a move or doesnt move the home button while installing the battery maybe the problem is you didnt put the lcd well to the housing :)

You may not put the ribbon cable well also on the logic board or definitely try hard resseting your phone if it doesnt solve the problem its on the hardware itself maybe you damage something inside.

the screen is seating perfectly fine ?

Try removing the screen and put it back again maybe the ribbon cables is not properly intact .I already encounter that on 5/5c/5s and se the only problem is the screen doesnt lie perfectly on the housing itselff if it didnt work try hard resetting the phone .do you unscrew the home button ?Or somethin on the screen ?

Or someone blocking on the continuity of the home button to the board located at your charging port .Thats why im asking if the phone is not perfectly intact on the housing because sometimes the continuity is break because it didnt have physical contact .its like a sensor that means the phone is being pressed or not

Just to note make sure battery is unplugged when unplugging or plugging screen cables to logic board.

Also have you tried turning phone off and on?

Hey guys! I have a problem with my iPhone 7. Its battery wa damage during charging. It gives me low battery timing. So, I replaced my battery. After that my iPhone’s home button does not working and show the pop up “ Touch id loads to fail on this iPhone”

What can I do?

Before battery replacement my iPhone wa properly working.

Hi all

My phone is i phone 7 , my phone is 1 year and 4 months old so my battery discharge faster, so I order the battery in online and use YouTube to replace by myself. as of my knowledge, I never touch the home button area . but still when I test with new battery, I have the same issue (Unable to active touch ID). I browse lot of website finally I come to know apple software design to lock or deactivate the home button when you open by unauthorized apple store.

I replaced the battery with a kit. Home button does not work. I broke a ribbon cable going to the screen. My fault. Heck. Suggest check all three cables going to screen.

The metal cover above the lcd cable is too tight. Loosen it and then you should be okay.

If you have a screen available, try it out in a new screen. The ribbon that runs from your button to the board is part of the screen (unfortunately). That ribbon being damaged would actually be the cheapest fix, so hopefully that helps. Replacing the button or the board would be expensive.

Yes the flex cable or one of the connectors in that area to the screen is being pinched down to hard by the metal cover above it. Loosen the 4/5 screws depending on your model that covers the cables and you should be fine.

If phone is opened by someone other than apple the home button doesn’t work !

If anyone knows how to reset it please let me know !

Rdsvideo3@yahoo.com

David hoffman will be eternally grateful.