Repair guides and support for Nextbook tablets.

How can I fix thermal shutdown on my Nextbook tablet?

@maryschulze , Mary, Some games/programs/Apps use a lot from the CPU maxing out CPU and video, causing it to over heat and shutting down. The Tablet may just not be able to run some games, etc. that are so demanding. You can blow out all the cooling ports of dust with compressed air to help cooling/air flow and when using, have tablet sitting on a flat hard surface. Uninstall unnecessary Apps, clear cache and junk files, use a RAM booster App. etc., are all suggestions from the trouble shooting overheating tablets link below. For more info. check out the link. There are also after market cooling pads, etc. that may help, you could do a google search on and try one of these aftermarket products to see if it would help. I recommend checking the reviews on the product before ordering. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.pcnexus.net/2015/05/how-to-pr...

I have done a factory reset and only installed minimal apps plus a cooling app yet problem persists.

Mary, Did you clean all the cooling vents, are using the device on a hard surface or tried a cooling pad to enable air flow. It is possible the tablet may have a faulty battery overheating device or a faulty board. If device is still under warranty, you may want to consider returning for repair/replacement /refund.

I just got my nextbook 11a one week ago and got the Thermal Shutdown

This really !#^&@@ me off. I will never purchase an item from Walmart like this again!! GUERRY

Mary will be eternally grateful.