2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Looking for a 2 TB SSD Upgrade!

I currently have the MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015 with a 1 TB SSD (upgraded)

I keep reading everywhere, including @OWC that it's only upgradeable to 1 TB. I already have that, I need more storage!

They did however tell me that the machine is capable of being upgraded. Does anyone know of a compatible 2 TB SSD??

Not sure if this is relevant for yourself anymore, but OWC has a 2TB upgrade for your Mac available now. You can get it here: OWC - Aura Pro X 2 TB SSD

I have the same MacBook Pro and I spent a lot of money on it. Just the storage is what I need upgraded. Hopefully this helps!

Good find Dan! Only rub very expensive!

I jumped to the Samsung T5 external SSD while not as fast as the internal, for $700 US it's a bargain for a 2 TB drive!

Looks like something new has been added. Good find!

Finally! Thanks for the letting me know, Daniel. :)

Just checked out the drive. Definitely not cheap, but nowhere near the $4k I would have to spend on a brand new MacBook Pro. :)

Most Helpful Answer

I have never heard of a 2 TB SSD blade upgrade for a MBP.

You could add an SD card for more storage.

Correct! @mayer - It was never offered by Apple. I think OWC teased us when they intro'ed their drive solution, but it never happened. Besides it would be quite expensive!

Not as expensive at the new MBP with 2Tb. $4K!

The newest 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar offers a special build version with 2 TB but you'll pay the additional cost of $1,200 US for it! This is also a soldered down SSD!

To put that into perspective the Samsung PCIe M.2 SSD would cost you around $1,300 US. Sadly, Apple uses a custom interface so it won't work in your system

So if you really need this much internal storage you would be better off buying a new system.

We still use the older non-retina systems for this exact reason. Our base system in the field is a 1TB drive (SSHD and now SSD) and some now have 2 TB SSD's. When the retina models first came out storage was way to small for us.

What about a normal m.2 ssd in a m.2 to usb adapter?

@cam2363 Those adaptations are just not reliable as of yet.

Debra will be eternally grateful.