2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Looking for a 2 TB SSD Upgrade!

I currently have the MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015 with a 1 TB SSD (upgraded)

I keep reading everywhere, including @OWC that it's only upgradeable to 1 TB. I already have that, I need more storage!

They did however tell me that the machine is capable of being upgraded. Does anyone know of a compatible 2 TB SSD??

yes, compatible 2 TB SSD with iMac 5k 2017

twitter @yarshure

Not sure if this is relevant for yourself anymore, but OWC has a 2TB upgrade for your Mac available now. You can get it here: OWC - Aura Pro X 2 TB SSD

I have the same MacBook Pro and I spent a lot of money on it. Just the storage is what I need upgraded. Hopefully this helps!

Good find Dan! Only rub very expensive!

I jumped to the Samsung T5 external SSD while not as fast as the internal, for $700 US it's a bargain for a 2 TB drive!

Looks like something new has been added. Good find!

Finally! Thanks for the letting me know, Daniel. :)

Just checked out the drive. Definitely not cheap, but nowhere near the $4k I would have to spend on a brand new MacBook Pro. :)

Most Helpful Answer

I have never heard of a 2 TB SSD blade upgrade for a MBP.

You could add an SD card for more storage.

Correct! @mayer - It was never offered by Apple. I think OWC teased us when they intro'ed their drive solution, but it never happened. Besides it would be quite expensive!

Not as expensive at the new MBP with 2Tb. $4K!

The newest 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar offers a special build version with 2 TB but you'll pay the additional cost of $1,200 US for it! This is also a soldered down SSD!

To put that into perspective the Samsung PCIe M.2 SSD would cost you around $1,300 US. Sadly, Apple uses a custom interface so it won't work in your system

So if you really need this much internal storage you would be better off buying a new system.

We still use the older non-retina systems for this exact reason. Our base system in the field is a 1TB drive (SSHD and now SSD) and some now have 2 TB SSD's. When the retina models first came out storage was way to small for us.

What about a normal m.2 ssd in a m.2 to usb adapter?

@cam2363 Those adaptations are just not reliable as of yet.

Many persons report (macrumor forum) that they could add a M.2 SSD with an adapter and it seems it work, especially with the mbp 2015. Depending on the adapter, the ssd type and brand it could have issues. High Sierra recommended for this upgrade. I personally think to make this upgrade too.

Debra will be eternally grateful.