Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Why does accessibility shortcuts keep poping up

Accessibility shortcuts keep popping up on my 70in tv i powered it off and it turns back on the same

I spent an hour with 2 different Samsung techs trying to get this problem fixed and they both said it has to do with my cable box. My cable company says it doesn't! Very frustrating.

Why would the cable company or cable box be responsible? These are shortcuts specifically created by Samsung, so why hasn’t Samsung provided any explanation of how users can turn these Samsung shortcuts on and off? The fact that Samsung’s own techs don’t know how to turn them off speaks volumes. This is a flaw created by Samsung, so Samsung has a duty to fix it, IMHO.

It made no sense to me, that it would have anything at all to do with my cable company. It's a setting ON THE TV! But Samsung swore to me that something about my type of cable service made it impossible to turn this 'feature' off. That doesn't seem possible. I agree that it's a Samsung flaw and they just don't want to admit it. I've been able to ignore it, though. For me it only came up when I wanted to turn on captions. I've since discovered that I can do that through the Settings button on my cable remote; this turns on the captions a different way.

Samsung sucks

I plan on suing these guys for lying. A least tell the truth. I demand they (Samsung) solves this. I have the problem whether I am on Apple TV or TIVO, or Samsung. They are lying. Let s talk to their management (or consumer reports).

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I have a new 2017 Samsung QLED Q7C 65" and a new Xfinity X1 Voice Remote paired to the TV. If I press and hold the X1 Voice Remote Mute button for more than a second, the Accessibility Shortcuts menu will display on the screen. If I just TAP the Mute button I don't get the menu.

I don't have cable, and this accessibilty shortcut has been on since this morning. I disconnected the blu ray player altogether, and also unplugged the TV all day today. It will not go away. Please HELP!

I had the same problem. Did a lot of research with no luck. I bought a new remote control and everything works fine now.

God told me to remove the remote control batteries and blow the batteries compartment with a regular hair blower for about 2 minutes and that solved it for me. Praise Jesus...didn’t have to fuss with anyone over the phone...yay!!!

We’ve had this infuriating problem off and on … ever since December 2015, when we hooked up our new “smart” Samsung TV - 55” SUHD 4K Flat JS8000, Series 8.

We’ve tried everything: combing through all the menus, tutorials, e-manuals, Samsung’s websites and other potential information sources. Several times, we’ve reset the TV, the Smart Remote, the Smart Hub, the cable box, etc.

The shortcut icons seem to start appearing at random, then after fussing with all the settings for ANOTHER hour or so, the icons seem to stop, for no clear reason.

For a while, it seemed to help to turn the TV volume down past 0. But that doesn’t seem to work anymore.

Sometimes, it seems to help to turn the TV & cable both off briefly, then on again.

Samsung needs to just eliminate these stupid shortcuts … period. They’re unnecessary and horribly aggravating. At least tell us how to turn them off!

Hi there,

I just had the same issue today. I found that when I took the batteries out of my Samsung remote and used the Samsung app on my phone to control the TV, I could access all the menus, everything worked and the accessibility menu went away. The remote seems to be bad. Initially, with the remote, I could get the accessibility panel to go away when I hit the “info” button, and then cover the top of the remote to block the signal. Then I remembered the app and took out the remote batteries. If the sensor is continually flickering on the lower right front of the TV, it may be that the remote is continually sending a signal and blocking everything else. Glad that the TV itself seems ok and I can access the Smart Hub through the phone app. Hope this helps someone else.

That one solved for me:

"Press the Remote Mute button for more than a second"

I have a Samsung Curved UHD. My kids were always activating the accessibility voice by accident.

I reset my TV and it did correct the problem. This started shortly after I switch cable providers to Direct TV. Not sure if there is a connection or not. To reset your tv go to MENU-SUPPORT-SELF DIAGNOSIS-RESET-type 0000 for the PIN. Your TV will reset and hopefully correct the issue. If not it might be a cable box issue.

Hey all, I just started having this issue today and the thing is I am not connected to any tv provider's but only my Xbox one x. I unplugged it to see if that would stop it, but it did not. I then went on to call Samsung( whom treated me and my girl with nothing but disrespect the whole time with us on the phone) and he told me to hold the home button for 10 secs then 30 secs and then finally he says hold the power button down for 45 seconds...I felt like I was being trolled...anywho I decided to unplug my tv and wait a bit. Is anyone else having this issue still?

I am as well. I have tried everything. I reconnected the blu ray player and it is off, but the TV screen is blank now.

I be been having having that problem too with mine. I found a pretty terrible solution. Cover that sensor on the bottom right with Electrical tape and it stopped happening. Can uses remote still too Hope this helps

I went to extra on my remote, paged through to settings, enter, “change tv service provider” to my provider (direct tv) and it seems to have resolved the problem.

You cannot fix it. It is an internal mainboard issue and it will need to be replaced. The screen will eventually go black. Phone Samsung and complain and if you persist they will fix the problem for free. Our 55inch TV was 18months out of warranty and they repaired at no cost. With TV 's costing 2000+ dollars the life expectancy is averaged at 7 years. If Samsung won't come to the party threaten to take the matter to a government consumer affairs department. Let us know how you get on.

This happened to my 65 inch Samsung. It started after I sat on the Amazon Fire Stick remote. The Fire Stick after having been sat on had settings that were changed (not sure which ones exactly). So I reset the Fire Stick to default settings and the issue went away.

This message started to appear on our 2 year old Samsung screen as well as other error messages. I phoned Samsung and was told that the TV was outside warranty and there was nothing they could do. This attitude changed when I threatened to take my case to the consumer authority and Samsung repaired my TV at no cost. The average expected life of these expensive large screen TV's is 7 years and if you are persistent you should get trouble free viewing during this period. The internet is littered with stories of early failure of Samsung large screen TV's.

So I had the same problem for two days. According to Samsung customer service, you have to turn off the tv, remove the batteries from the remote and hold the power button for 20seconds and that should fix the problem. It’s a smart remote so I’m sure it will happen again.

andy ojagir will be eternally grateful.