Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone won't stay in dfu mode long enough to restore?

When I put my iPhone in dfu mode, connect it to iTunes and start the restore process. It reboot it's self

is this while you wait for the firmware to download?

1) download directly the official firmware

http://www.iclarified.com/750/where-to-d...

Remember where you saved this.

2) Put phone after you finished downloading into DFU mode, open iTunes, and i will ask you to restore.

3) On PC Hold SHIFT+ Click the restore button. On MAC, Hold OPTION + Click the Restore button.

4) Itunes will now let you choose an IPSW file. Choose the one you downloaded in Step1. Restore should then start.

Worked! Thanks!

Extracting Software still takes too long.

This doesn’t work for me. The phone disconnects/reboots and I get an error (9)

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

T'Saun Seaman you have hardware isssue

For some reason iPhones have an annoying habit of rebooting while you're waiting for the firmware file to download. Thankfully, you can download the firmware file through your browser and select it manually in iTunes, so the phone doesn't have to wait for iTunes to download 2.5+ GB.

Go to https://ipsw.me/ , locate your model and download the latest IPSW (Apple's iOS firmware file type). ipsw.me links to Apple's firmware servers, so the latest versions are digitally signed, which means you can use them in iTunes.

Put your phone into recovery mode and connect it to your computer. Cancel any dialog options asking if you want to restore or update until you are at the phone's landing page. There should be two buttons on the righthand side of the iTunes window marked "Check for updates" and "Restore iPhone..." On Mac, hold down the "alt/option" key while left-clicking on "Restore iPhone...", and you'll have the option to choose the firmware file you wish to restore with. On Windows, hold down the shift key while clicking "Restore iPhone..."

Select the firmware file you downloaded from ipsw.me and the phone should restore. Doing it this way allows you to download the file prior to putting your phone into recovery mode, so it won't timeout and reboot while iTunes is doing its thing.

Thank god that actually worked. My iphone 6 while trying to update to ios 12 would go into recovery mode and not come out of it. Then i would get it into DFU only for it to reboot and turn on half way through while updating on itunes. I couldnt even force the update ota because the ‘checking for update’ would just spin and think but not freeze. This is the only option that has worked! Thank you and kudos to you!

I’m going through the same thing so I hope it works for me too!!

I'm having the same problem you mentioned. I don't get what you did that worked. My iPhone has been stuck in DFU mode for 7 hours and it's 2am. I downloaded the IOS 12 from OPs site as well as iTunes and both times I've waited about 30min for the iPhone to reboot in the middle of extracting or the middle of updating and it leads to either an "iPhone not found" error or "Error 9/14" on iTunes.

Still won’t finish extraction on my iPad 6 wifi model, keeps rebooting midway to 95% to extraction finish.

desmondmettlenunoo will be eternally grateful.