Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Touch ID works but home button doesn't

Hello everyone,

recently i changed an iphone 7 screen with a new one. The problem with the new screen is that the touch ID is working but the home button is not. When i "press" the button doesnt do anything. I thought that the flex on the screen it could be faulty. I tried with different screen but the problem stills there. So i decided to put everything back on the old screen which is the original screen. The problem still the same. Does anyone has any idea why this happend? It is very weird. The home button flex is not damaged, i checked it already with microscope. Before of the first changing of the screen the button was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Had this issue twice - still unable to solve -

Check if the screen you bought was an original part, I have the same problem.

did you get this sorted ? if so help me please

Sounds like home button was damaged. The silver square part on the home button cable if you are very unlucky if cracked causes this exact issue.

Probably damaged the u10 ic chip in the middle of the HB. These suckers are fragile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJgv6SdN...

Ive tried a few as a test, first batch failed but got better with practise and now successfully been replacing the chips. This is only for the feedback touch element, not the touch id!

what does the u10ic do ? does it restore touch id or does it restore the home button function ?

Hello everybody

My job is iphone and macbook repair And it happen to me yesterday and there was no solution in internet.

If you didnt repair your home button or screen before, its a software problem.

I had this problem while charging in ios11.

In ios11 we have a new shutdown in setting/general

Its not like holding wake/sleep button and slide to power off.

This problem in ios11 will be fixed just by this way:

Setting-> general-> shutdown-> slide to power off

And turn it on after that.

Its worked for me and one of my costumers.

Kevin

You've described how to deal with common lag but the problem op is facing is much more complex.

Today we encountered this issue as wel..

the finger print / touch id works, but you cannot push the button and minimize an app or go to the home screen.

we replaced the screens 3 times, different screens, we replaced the home button also… You would expect that the button would work and the touch ID won’t…. But after the button replace nothing works..

Only Apple can replace the home button because they need to program it to work with the phone. I've heard they charge $300, but I can't confirm that.

Socos will be eternally grateful.